To use Netduino.IP, simply write standard code using standard System.Net.Sockets classes.
This build includes the following features:
- New: TCP sockets
- UDP sockets
- DNS support
- Dynamic IP (DHCP) configuration support
- Static IP configuration support
- ICMP (ping) support
- IPv4 and ARP support
- Link detection support (and NetworkAvailability event)
- ENC28J60 network chip driver
- Retrieval of network configuration from NETMF configuration sector
- Run the attached Netduino Update app to reflash your Netduino Plus 2 with Netduino.IP Preview firmware.
- Deploy and run the attached sample app--or test out your own existing TCP or UDP networking code
If you run into any troubles, please let me know. Once we know that everything is working well here, we'll move Netduino.IP into release mode.
The main goals for Netduino.IP (for Ethernet) v1.0 are reliability and protocol compliance. As we move forward to Netduino.IP v1.1 and beyond we will focus in on performance enhacements, potential support for additional IP protocols/features, etc.
Thank you for taking the time to help us test out Netduino.IP!
P.S. Netduino.IP source code has been checked into the Netduino repository at GitHub.