2 replies to this topic

#1 DiverBW

DiverBW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

I am looking for someone on here that I can establish a sort of virtual or "pen pal" online relationship with related to all things Netduino.  I'm brand new to the Netduino platform and even to the world of micro-controllers. So I'm looking for someone that can coach me on the low level hardware and electronics side of this platform.

What I can offer in return is serious software expertise. I am and enterprise/software architect and have been developing software professionally for well over 30 years. I have 15 years or more experience in .Net Framework and Visual Studio, and am an expert at a lot of the higher end technologies that are starting to touch this world, e.g. web services, etc.   I've probably written several million lines of C# code.

So if you are a hardware type that gets frustrated with software and can help this guy that knows software but is a newbie to hardware, let's talk!

Thanks!

DiverBW

- Rookie Netduino developer and hobbiest (since June of 2015)

- Professional software architect and developer (since mid 1970's).

#2 NameOfTheDragon

NameOfTheDragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCanterbury, Kent, UK

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

I'm probably not an ideal match for you because I'm more software than hardware too, with similar experience. However, I cut my teeth doing embedded firmware so I can at least find my way around a schematic and plug things together. You would be very welcome to correspond with me. I might ask you to do some code reviews for me in return ;-) I'm on a bit of a mission to 'object-orientize' netduino stuff as I think a lot of the existing examples have just been ported from C with little thought about the code structure. Tim at tigra-astronomy dot com

--Tim Long

#3 jinzai

jinzai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:47 AM

Greetings to you both. I actually began my career in hardware and switched to software during the era of DOS/16 bit Windows. I am quite familiar with .NET and low level programming of all sorts of devices, including a Netduino 3 that I am using alongside some other Arduino/Propeller systems

DiverBW -- The only bit of advice I would give you is simply to point out that most online tutorials involving breadboarding are geared toward the Arduino IDE, or perhaps Eclipse -- and as you no doubt already know -- .NET is not so linear and it can be a bear if you are not intimately familiar with threading, managed memory etc. So -- finding a breadboarding project that uses VS/.NETMF is not so easy, in my experience. Finding ones for Arduino -- is easy.

I am working currently with a Netduino 3 and my collection of Grove devices (You should definitely check those out, they will save you a lot of frustration in breadboarding!) and breadboards. I have some code for a GPS receiver written in .NET and in its own class -- if that sort of thing still interests you, I can provide some images and code samples to get you started at my website. (I have a domain and use my Netduino 3 as a subdomain by modifying my DNS info to point it to my router and then to the Netduino 3.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.