Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Recommended HTTP API for the future?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Hugo

Robert Hugo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:31 AM

What is the official API to use for HTTP communication "from now on"? I now in the past certain libraries have been the focus, but with Web API in ASP.NET and things being pushed to various likings, I'd like to know what is recommended for the future of IoT and Netduino (3 and 2+, in my case).

I hope my question make sense.

Thank you,

Rob

#2 EddieGarmon

EddieGarmon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:23 PM

client or server?

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hi Rob,

For client, today's most powerful/best option is to use the HttpWebReqest object...or NetworkStream/SslStream.

That said, there are also some great helper libraries out there that you can use (if you prefer those over the core .NET classes).

Chris

#4 Frode

Frode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

Chris, this would actually be a really good topic for a new Best Practice thread :)

Having a good example on how to retrieve HTTP data is relevant for absolutely everyone who buys Netduino 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.