1 reply to this topic

#1 Rx7man

Rx7man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationInterior BC, Canada

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

Hello all, I'm trying to get the feel for arduino/netduino, etc programming...

I have VS2012 ultimate, installed the x64 micro framework and SDK, but when I try and create a new project in VS by going to the MicroFramework -> Netduino (any version) I get the following error

The project file

'C:\Users\...... Temp\NetduinoApplication1.csproj' cannot be opened

There is a missing project subtype

Subtype '{b69e3092-b931-0442c-abe7-7eb65fa37f}' is unsupported by this installation

Did I mess up something in the installation or am I going about this wrong?

I'm also wondering if the Netduino projects can be compiled for an Arduino board?  I guess that would depend on the hardware of each.

I'm at the point on this learning curve where I have more questions than I do answers.. sorry about that!

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

Hi Rx7man,

I have VS2012 ultimate, installed the x64 micro framework and SDK, but when I try and create a new project in VS by going to the MicroFramework -> Netduino (any version) I get the following error

Try repairing the NETMF and Netduino SDKs in "Control Panel > Programs and Features". Or simply uninstall the Netduino and NETMF SDKs and then reinstall them. Make sure that Visual Studio is closed when you're installing the SDKs--or it may run into troubles loading in the project templates.

I'm also wondering if the Netduino projects can be compiled for an Arduino board? I guess that would depend on the hardware of each.

Arduinos run different brands and types of processors (typically 8-bit instead of Netduino's 32-bit) which aren't as powerful as the ones used on Netduino. With Netduino you're using much newer technology.

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.