Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

N+2 watchdog or timer as another thread

netduino watchdog

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dzilupl

dzilupl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:55 PM

Hi.
I wrote an application to monitor temperatures using Netduino plus 2 and DS18B20. Netduino reads temperature and then send it using socket to another host - on that host another application listens for tcp connections, gets data from netduino and writes this data to database. I meet an issue - Netduino plus 2 hangs from time to time and I need to restart it.
I wonder if there is any possibility to use some kind of watchdog which will control if netduino sent data to server host and when not will restart it automatically?
Is there any possibility to use for example some kind of software timer which will work in background thread? If I can set it to count from 1 minute to 0 and when 0 is reached to restart netduino and start it in the background and reset the timer after every successful data exchange

#2 dino4net

dino4net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:29 AM

I had the same problem lately and ended up using an external watchdog chip (MAX6371).

You have to connect it to the power of the miniJTAG. Otherwise it will not work, because power is also reset on the normal pins with the reset and the watchdog chip will not work proper.

Attached Files

#3 dzilupl

dzilupl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

dino4net - thanks. Could You send me some code example how You implemented this solution - I'm beginner in Netduino programing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: netduino, watchdog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.