2 replies to this topic

#1 STGMavrick

STGMavrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Hi,

I've got some questions that are stumping me. I purchased a Netduino Plus 2 a while ago and never really tinkered with it until I decided to do some light controls for the Christmas tree. I'm a PLC programmer by day and it's driving me nuts that what I want to do I would already have done in ladder logic in a matter of minutes. But I'm persistent and determined to learn this thing so here we go.

I'm trying to use a single pushbutton to turn lights on and off.  I used the eventhandler example posted on the boards here but I kept running into debouncing issues with the button and I did not know how to add a duration of button press so I switched to two buttons.

Imports Microsoft.SPOT
Imports Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino

Module Module1

Dim ButtonState As Boolean = True
    Dim led As New OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D1, False)
    Dim Potentiometer As AnalogInput = New AnalogInput(Cpu.AnalogChannel.ANALOG_0)
    Dim ScaledValue As Double = 0

Sub Main()
        Dim ButtonOff As InterruptPort = New InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D0, False, Port.ResistorMode.PullUp, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow)
        AddHandler ButtonOff.OnInterrupt, AddressOf ButtonChangeHigh
        ButtonOff.EnableInterrupt()

Dim ButtonOn As InterruptPort = New InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D2, False, Port.ResistorMode.PullUp, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow)
        AddHandler ButtonOn.OnInterrupt, AddressOf ButtonChangeLow
        ButtonOn.EnableInterrupt()

While ButtonState = True
            Potentiometer.Scale = 1000
            ScaledValue = Potentiometer.Read()

led.Write(True)
            Thread.Sleep(ScaledValue)
            led.Write(False)
            Thread.Sleep(ScaledValue)

End While

Do
            Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite)
        Loop

End Sub

Sub ButtonChangeHigh(data1 As UInteger, data2 As UInteger, time As Date)

ButtonState = True

End Sub

Sub ButtonChangeLow(data1 As UInteger, data2 As UInteger, time As Date)

ButtonState = False

End Sub

End Module

So, What I'm seeing is that If I declare buttonstate as true initially I can turn it off.  However, I cannot turn it on again. I'm assuming I am not doing it correctly. Ideally though I would prefer a single pushbutton to toggle the system on and off.

Secondly, My Analog input declaration would not work with my code I have written unless I used CPU.AnalogChannel.AnalogChannel_0. Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0 would complain about implicit conversion.

Thirdly, do these have RTC abilities? I originally wanted to have two modes. Manual on/off and time controlled. Start at X hour, stop at y hour.

I appreciate your help!

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:33 AM

Hi STGMavrick,

I was just looking through older posts and noticed that you hadn't received any responses to this. Let me see if I can help get you pointed in the right direction.

So, What I'm seeing is that If I declare buttonstate as true initially I can turn it off.  However, I cannot turn it on again. I'm assuming I am not doing it correctly. Ideally though I would prefer a single pushbutton to toggle the system on and off.

For debouncing: I recommend just checking the current time. Go ahead and react to the pushbutton--but keep a timer value which stores the "last pushed" time in ms...and if it has been less than 10ms since the last push...ignore the new event. No need for two buttons.

[Also...you may want to use EdgeBoth instead of EdgeLow for your interrupt trigger, so that you can see when the button is released.]

Secondly, My Analog input declaration would not work with my code I have written unless I used CPU.AnalogChannel.AnalogChannel_0. Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0 would complain about implicit conversion.

Ah, good observation. The Pins enumeration only works for digital inputs/outputs. Do you have access to the AnalogChannels.ANALOG_PIN_A0, etc. enumeration?

Thirdly, do these have RTC abilities? I originally wanted to have two modes. Manual on/off and time controlled. Start at X hour, stop at y hour.

No RTC, but you can do this pretty easily in code. Just subtract the current DateTime from the target DateTime and then set a timer to wake up your logic. There's no battery backup and you do need to set the time after boot--but this should work well.

BTW, welcome to the Netduino community!

Chris

#3 Enrique Gil-Leyva Flores

Enrique Gil-Leyva Flores

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:36 AM

Secondly, My Analog input declaration would not work with my code I have written unless I used CPU.AnalogChannel.AnalogChannel_0. Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0 would complain about implicit conversion.

Hi STGMavrik

this is happening because you have not imported the SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Analog refence

Best Regards,

Enrique

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.