#1 andrew6071

andrew6071

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:03 AM

Hi,

Are there any limitations to the number of timers / interrupts I can have on my mini ?

I've currently got 2 interrupt ports both calling the same event handler, together with a timer which work as expected. As soon as I add a second timer, and deploy to the mini it comes up with a memory error ???

I've added a call to debug.print(debug.gc(true)) in my first timer and it comes back with the figure 85000, what does that actually mean ??

Confused.

Andrew

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:53 AM

Hi Andrew,

What function call gives you the OutOfMemoryException?  [And is that the exact Exception you're seeing?]

P.S. The # of bytes returned from Debug.GC(book) is the amount of RAM left for your application.  It may not all be contiguous (i.e. there may be things pinned which restrict you from creating a giant 64KB block of data) and you should leave some RAM for temporary objects, but there is technically that much RAM (83KB) available.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.