Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

RS232 COMMUNICATION PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMANTOVA - ITALY

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

Hi all, i'm newbie with netduino and trying to make it communicate with my laptop throught RS232 port. I've bought this shields http://www.cutedigi....oducts_id=4329. and tried to use some code i've found on this forum int post http://forums.netdui...n-help-please/. Then i conneted netduino to my pc using a standard RS232 cable. Result : NOTHING ! seems taht netduino doesn't receive any data from pc. Pls i really need it.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Hi Randall, Are the "TX" and/or "RX" LEDs on the shield flashing? Chris

#3 RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

Hi Randall,

Are the "TX" and/or "RX" LEDs on the shield flashing?

Chris

yes when i try to communicate txd led is flashing green.
But the software method ondatareceive doesn't trigger.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

Randall, Have you tried updating to the v4.1.1 alpha 5 firmware? We fixed all known .NET MF serial port bugs with the latest firmware. Also, when you send data from your computer the RXD led on the shield should flash, not the TXD led. If the TXD led is flashing when you send data from your computer, you have the wires swapped. Try using an RS232 cross-over cable or adapter to swap the TX and RX lines. [A regular straight-through male to female cable should be wired properly to start with though.] Chris

#5 RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

SOLVED!!! the rs232 cable has to be NORMAL and not cross. The shield cross the signal! Thank's all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.