For those of you planning on going to the NYC Code Camp I'll be presenting a session called "Azure, .NET and the Internet of Things", provided I get enough votes
Here is the abstract:
The Internet of Things (IoT) movement is picking up steam. It's estimated that by 2020, the IoT will be an $8.9 trillion market with over 200 billion connected devices. In this session you'll learn how to leverage your existing .NET skills to build the next big (or tiny) thing!
This session will explore:
- What is the Internet of Things?
- An introduction to basic micro electronics.
- What is the .NET Micro Framework (NETMF)?
- Exploring the NETMF and Arduino.
- Running C# on a Raspberry Pi.
- Connecting your devices to Azure.
- Using the Windows on Devices SDK with an Intel Galileo.
There will be no time for boring slides here. Instead we'll be covering lots of code and fun interactive demos with the audience.
For more information about the NYC Code Camp > http://www.codecampnyc.org/
You can view all the potential sessions and abstracts over at > http://bit.ly/ccnyc-...ns-listing-2014