Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

LiquidCrystal for netduino

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xmen

xmen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Is there any library that allows to write to LCD like LiquiqCrystal ? I tried

http://microliquidcr...l.codeplex.com/. But as I add its reference to project, something goes wrong with netduino, its led stays turned on and debugging gets auto closed. But as removed the reference, all works fine.

I tried LCD class from embedded-Lab, but it just flicks and all black boxes appear again..

What could be the problem ?

Thanks

Edit: After setting framework to 4.2 of microliquidcrystal, no more netduino light stays on, but text still not appearing. I even changed the pins.

Edit 2 :

Its 20x2 LCD, specs here http://www.microelec...act/ccm2020.pdf
sdsdsd.jpg

var lcdProvider = new GpioLcdTransferProvider(
Pins.GPIO_PIN_D12, // RS
Pins.GPIO_PIN_D11, // ENABLE
Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5, // D4
Pins.GPIO_PIN_D4, // D5
Pins.GPIO_PIN_D3, // D6
Pins.GPIO_PIN_D2); // D7

var lcd = new Lcd(lcdProvider);
lcd.Begin(20, 2);
lcd.Write("Test");
Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);

#2 jrlyman3

jrlyman3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth St Paul. MN

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

I haven't wired up my 20x2 display yet, but as near as I can tell your wiring looks good.  When I started with my 20x4 display I didn't get anything because I didn't know that I needed to hook up the contrast, it looks like you've got that covered.

Looking at your code it looks good too.  One thing that I do differently is to call Clear() and SetCursorPosition(0, 0) after the Begin() call.  It shouldn't matter since Begin() calls Clear() itself, but I can't see any other issues.

Check that all of your connections are good.  Maybe it's a bad display ... it happens.  Try hooking up the back light I'm using a 39 ohm resistor between pin15 and +5, pin16 to ground.

John

#3 xmen

xmen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

I doubled checked the connection, all seems good. As you said, I think the display lcd is crap. A better one will be coming soon, and I will be using Shifter 74HC575 to save some pins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.