Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Controlling 8 Lego servo motors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndrisBB

AndrisBB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

Hi guys,

I am complete begginer with microcontrollers and Netduino.

I want to build a robot that will have 8 Lego Mindstorms servo motors. Four medium EV3 servo motors and four NXT servo motors.

What are best options to connect them to Netduino 2?

#2 beratuslu

beratuslu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

Hello,

I am also looking for how to connect 6+ motors to netduino. Can anyone show me a path?

#3 FredOrJoeBlogs

FredOrJoeBlogs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

You are going to need a seperate power suply for the motors.  You are going to have to switch this with appropriate transistors (you will need to calculate what transistors you need)

What are the wires on the motors?  Assuming they are +ve and Gnd then you can switch the +ve assuming need more than 3.3V, if not you'll need to stick a resistor in the line between the board and the transistor.

Make sure you tie the Gnds of the power supplies and the controller togoether otherwise your transistors will start boogieing.
Hopefully the diagram will make it clear.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.