Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Use netduino without NETMF

Best Answer Chris Walker, 05 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hi blow,

You can integrate time-critical tasks into the native layer of custom NETMF firmware if you want. The framework itself is multitasked (with a <=20ms maximum timeslice per managed thread).

And yes, you can solder a MiniJTAG header onto your board (using the 0.05" pitch 10-pin header on the right side) and write/debug native code.

Chris Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blow

blow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Hi all, i want to use netduino 2 plus to control a quadcopter.

I read that the net framework slows down things and does not allow a preemptive scheduling and use of gpio; I'm a bit worried about the performance of NETMF for my project.
Is this correct?

Can i use netduino without NETMF like SMT32F4 Discovery board?

Thanks.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:08 PM   Best Answer

Hi blow,

You can integrate time-critical tasks into the native layer of custom NETMF firmware if you want. The framework itself is multitasked (with a <=20ms maximum timeslice per managed thread).

And yes, you can solder a MiniJTAG header onto your board (using the 0.05" pitch 10-pin header on the right side) and write/debug native code.

Chris

#3 korbai

korbai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Hi blow,

I tried this, with the MiniJTAG and ST-Link, and works. I used the CooCox Toolkit.

Zoltan

#4 blow

blow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

Thanks you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.