Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino plus OneWire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mdce4

mdce4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to get the OneWire class to work on the Netduino Plus 1, but have been getting an error:

A first chance exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire.dll
System.NotSupportedException

I was running .Net Microframework 4.2 and was not having any luck, so I upgraded to .Net Microframework 4.3, Visual Studio 2012, etc.  However, I still get the same error.  Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks

#2 jrlyman3

jrlyman3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth St Paul. MN

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

According to this thread http://forums.netdui...ge-8?hl=onewire OneWire does not work on NP1 with 4.2 (maybe 4.3).  I gave it a try anyways with an example I've run on a NP2 and I get the same exception as you do on the NP1.

Sorry,

John

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Hi mdce4,

Netduino Plus 1 doesn't have enough flash capacity for the extra features included in Netduino Plus 2. There is an older, special build of Netduino gen1 firmware with a custom edition of OneWire out there--which may be helpful for what you're trying to accomplish.

Chris

#4 mdce4

mdce4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

John and Chris, Thanks for your help. 

Chris, would you be able to provide some instructions on how to install the special version firmware on the Netduino Plus 1?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.