Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Read data from CAN-Bus using ELM327

obd can elm327

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nhale

nhale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHeidelberg, Germany

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hi,

I bought a Sparkfun OBD-UART II board and I'm able to read data from the OBD interface.

Now I need some additional data from the CAN-Bus which is not accessible via an OBD code.

Regarding to the spec of the ELM327 there are some commands related to CAN, but I don't really get the idea of how to read a value for a specific CAN-Id...

Maybe someone already did something in this direction and may help me out how to do this.

For example I found this site with a CAN-Id and the description how the value is formatted:

http://www.loopybunn...PC/can/0CE.html

I found some topics regarding some "MCPC2515" but I think that's different to the ELM327, or is the procedure the same (when leaving out that one works with SPI and the other UART)

Thanks in advance

#2 buddy1313

buddy1313

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

Have you seen the OBDuino project? Here's a link to the hardware interface part of it.

https://code.google....BDuinoInterface

#3 nhale

nhale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHeidelberg, Germany

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

thanks for the hint, I will take a look once my Buffer overflow problems are solved ;-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.