Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

A problem with VS Express for C#

Best Answer Kenny1234, 22 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hi again Chris,

I solved the last problem. It appears the version of the .NET Micro Framework was not compatible with the Netduino I'm was using. For anyone else that may have this problem this is what I did. While my project was loaded into VS 2012, I clicked the Project menu and opened Properties at the bottom of the list. If you're not on the Application page then click Application on the left side of your screen. On this page go to Target Framework and click the down arrow. A drop down list appears. I clicked .NET Micro Framework 4.1. The .NET Micro Framework was defaulted to 4.2.  Then I closed Visual Studio Express 2012 and restarted it again.  Reopen my project and clicked the Start button which is the same as pressing the F5 key on VS 2010.  It compiled and uploaded to the Netduino board and the onboard LED started blinking. Finally everything works! Thank you again Chris for helping me with this problem. As I asked in a previous post, which one of us is supposed to click the "Mark Solved" button.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Hi Kenny,

They are wdexpress_full.exe  or  VS2012_WDX_ENU.iso. Which one should I choose?

They're probably identical except for format (.EXE vs. mountable CD). I would install wdexpress_full.exe. That's easiest. Chris

#22 Kenny1234

Kenny1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hi Chris,

It worked perfectly!  The VS 2012 Express installed flawlessly. I haven't tested it on the Netduino board yet, but at least I know the software is working properly. I'll test it using a blinking LED program just to make sure there is communication between the Netduino and VS Express.  Thank you so much for your help.  Do I click the "Mark Solved" button or do you?  :)

#23 Kenny1234

Kenny1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

1>------ Build started: Project: Blinking_LED_Test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------1>  Blinking_LED_Test -> c:userskennydocumentsvisual studio 2012ProjectsBlinking_LED_TestBlinking_LED_TestbinDebugBlinking_LED_Test.exe2>------ Deploy started: Project: Blinking_LED_Test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------2>Cannot deploy the base assembly 'mscorlib', or any of his satellite assemblies, to device - USB:Netduino twice. Assembly 'mscorlib' on the device has version 4.1.2821.0, while the program is trying to deploy version 4.2.0.0 ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==================== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
using System;using System.Threading;using Microsoft.SPOT;using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;namespace Blinking_LED_Test{    public class Program    {        public static void Main()        {            // write your code here            OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);            while (true)            {                led.Write(true);                Thread.Sleep(250);                led.Write(false);                Thread.Sleep(250);            }        }    }}

Hi again Chris,

I think I spoke too soon. I seem to be having more problems with VS 2012 Express.  It's definitely recognizing the Netduino in the USB port. There are no squiggly red lines on any code so I know the code is correct.  Here are both the code and the Build Order of the Output Window.  The error seems to be in the version of the mscorelib or any of his satellite assemblies.  Now how do I correct this?

#24 Kenny1234

Kenny1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:50 PM   Best Answer

Hi again Chris,

I solved the last problem. It appears the version of the .NET Micro Framework was not compatible with the Netduino I'm was using. For anyone else that may have this problem this is what I did. While my project was loaded into VS 2012, I clicked the Project menu and opened Properties at the bottom of the list. If you're not on the Application page then click Application on the left side of your screen. On this page go to Target Framework and click the down arrow. A drop down list appears. I clicked .NET Micro Framework 4.1. The .NET Micro Framework was defaulted to 4.2.  Then I closed Visual Studio Express 2012 and restarted it again.  Reopen my project and clicked the Start button which is the same as pressing the F5 key on VS 2010.  It compiled and uploaded to the Netduino board and the onboard LED started blinking. Finally everything works! Thank you again Chris for helping me with this problem. As I asked in a previous post, which one of us is supposed to click the "Mark Solved" button.

#25 jrlyman3

jrlyman3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth St Paul. MN

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Kenny,

You should consider upgrading to the 4.2 (or 4.3) framework on your Netduino. It will be harder to upgrade later as they seem to like changing stuff in the interfaces.  Like for example in 4.1 analog ports return an integer with a range that you specify, in 4.2 you get a float between 0.0 and 1.0 which indicates the percentage of the reference voltage ... I like 4.2 but I should upgrade to 4.3.

BTW, be careful about the versions in use when you read posts in the forum :).

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.