Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Design files for Netduino plus 2 PCB

pcb sch gerber brd

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 edhamtech

edhamtech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hi,

I am planning on using netduino on a SDR project I been working on and would like to produce only 1 PCB.

Since I haven't been able to find the design files, could anyone point out where to get the pcb design files?

Kicad format will be best.

Regards.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

Hi edhamtech, * click the "downloads" link up top * navigate to the bottom-left "netduino hardware source" section * click the "netduino plus 2 board layout" files link Does that give you what you were looking for? Welcome to the Netduino community, Chris

#3 edhamtech

edhamtech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

Hi Chris,

I am interested in the schematic (.sch), board(brd), gerbers and even the libraries if possible. That will allow me to easily embed Netduino on my current proyect board.

I do use Kicad btw.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

Hi edhamtech, That download link will give you the board design files. The schematics are also there. You'll need a copy of Allegro Cadence if you want to edit them for your project...or you can download the free viewer and then layout a custom design in your favorite PCB software. Chris

#5 Cowime

Cowime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hi,

is it possible to download a Board-Pdf-document (under "netduino plus 2 board layout") instead of installing Allegro Cadence (Viewer), because the installation shows me an unremovable error?

Specially for me another possibilty is to download an Eagle-brd-file.

Many thanks,

Cowime

#6 edhamtech

edhamtech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hi Chris,

I still have yet to attempt getting Cadence Allegro to open the board design, decided to go another route instead.

Is it any reason why an open source CAD tool like Kicad was not used for a project that is to be open source hardware?

Cheers.

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hi edhamtech, There are a lot of PCB capture programs out there and, unfortunately, no powerful open source tool that everyone uses. For sophisticated designs like Netduino Plus 2, we tend to use nice tools which help drive an excellent design--and then share all of the source for those designs for free (which can be opened with the free viewer, exported by PCB houses in a variety of formats, etc.) I wish that Eagle was a more-premium design tool and had a free license. Or Kicad or any of the others. Maybe someday. :) Our engineers have taken up Eagle for a lot of our simpler Netduino designs (GoBus modules in particular) but we're just not comfortable quality-, process- or cost-wise going that route for the more sophisticated designs. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.