Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Simple Storage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vission

vission

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Was Simple Storage ever implemented for v4.2 on Netduino Plus v1? Are there any examples of it's use? I've not seen any mention of it since 2012 and I could use some basic storage capabilities without having to resort to SD Card.

Thanx.

#2 Pyt

Pyt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:07 AM

I'm seconding the question (for the Plus 2)... Thx.

Was Simple Storage ever implemented for v4.2 on Netduino Plus v1? Are there any examples of it's use? I've not seen any mention of it since 2012 and I could use some basic storage capabilities without having to resort to SD Card.

Thanx.

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

We recommend using MicroSD for storage on Netduino Plus 2. The new Netduino Update tool, with a few more features, would allow us to remove TinyBooter and free up a 16KB sector for persistent storage. In other words...we've been working on it :) Chris

#4 Pyt

Pyt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

And might I ask when that would be available for the average developer ?  :D

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

Hi Pyt, It'll be a little while, but it's being worked on. This is one of the advantages of also having engineering resources working on AGENT: we're going to be able to borrow quite a bit of persistent storage code from there, open source it, and plug it into Netduino gen2. We do need to write a bit of ST-specific code, but that should be pretty quick. Mostly--we just need to free up the space where the bootloader goes (which is something we couldn't do with the gen1 hardware). vission -- to confirm, there is no room for persistent storage on Netduino Plus 1, outside of storing data on the MicroSD card. So this will be a gen2 feature. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.