Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Keil

Best Answer Chris Walker, 27 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hi João,

Is possible to use Keil with netduino? :unsure:

You can use Keil with Netduino.

If you want to compile the .NET Micro Framework firmware with the Keil MDK, that should be supported by the .NET Micro Framework Platform Kit. See instructions in the "C:\MicroFrameworkPK_v4_1\Documentation\RCLPort.chm" file.

If you want to write C++ code for your Netduino and compile with Keil, you can erase the Netduino's .NET Micro Framework firmware. Just connect a jumper wire between the 3.3V header and the ERASE pad (gold pad underneath digital pin 0). Then depower/repower and use Atmel SAM-BA to deploy your Keil-compiled code. You can use the Atmel SAM7X reference sample as a starting point.

Chris Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 João Mello

João Mello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

Hi all! Is possible to use Keil with netduino? :unsure:

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:56 PM   Best Answer

Hi João,

Is possible to use Keil with netduino? :unsure:

You can use Keil with Netduino.

If you want to compile the .NET Micro Framework firmware with the Keil MDK, that should be supported by the .NET Micro Framework Platform Kit. See instructions in the "C:\MicroFrameworkPK_v4_1\Documentation\RCLPort.chm" file.

If you want to write C++ code for your Netduino and compile with Keil, you can erase the Netduino's .NET Micro Framework firmware. Just connect a jumper wire between the 3.3V header and the ERASE pad (gold pad underneath digital pin 0). Then depower/repower and use Atmel SAM-BA to deploy your Keil-compiled code. You can use the Atmel SAM7X reference sample as a starting point.

Chris

#3 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

Is possible to use Keil with netduino?

In addition to what Chris Walker said, one of the recent updates of .NET Micro Framework v4.2 has introduced "Porting Kit Studio", an IDE for the porting kit contributed by Alexander Surkov and Igor Kiselev, which can (among other things) generate Keil project files. You can get it at CodePlex, changeset 11427 or newer. I have not tested that particular feature, though.

#4 Bobi

Bobi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

Then depower/repower and use Atmel SAM-BA to deploy your Keil-compiled code. You can use the Atmel SAM7X reference sample as a starting point.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Can you please provide some more information about how can I use Atmel SAM-BA to deploy my Keil-compiled code?

I have downloaded and istalled the latest SAM-BA version - 2.10 I've read the tutorial and some other internet resources but I even failed the SAM-BA start up screen where you have to select a usb device and the model of your target device. It fails to connect. I'm not sure if I enter the usb device correctly - \usb\Netduino. It complains that it has failed to open a connection.
My development computer is running 64bit Windows 7 and in the Devices Manager I saw that the usb device where my netduino is connected has the name "Netduino". On the atmel site I saw that their SAM-BA supports 64bit Win7 so that shouldn't be a problem.

Another question - isn't it possible to build my Keil-compiled code in a way that I can deploy it on the Netduino using the MFDeploy tool?

Thanks very much in advance!

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hi Bobi,

To deploy a new bootloader or custom core firmware to your Netduino, you'll need to erase it first.

Here are some instructions :)

If you build a Keil-compiled .NET MF CLR then yes, you can certainly deploy that via MFDeploy.

Chris

#6 Bobi

Bobi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

Hi Chris, thanks a lot for your reply! I worked it out and it is awesome. I also tried the IAR environment and for the last couple of days I'm exploring one of the freeRTOS TCP/IP demos for AT91SAM7X. It creates a web server wich I maneged to get running on my netduino :) Now I'm trying to figure out how it works. It uses the uIP TCP/IP stack and the dosumentation is not very clear... I'll be glad if you or someone else could share some experience about the uIP stack. I want to hadle HTTP POST requests in the server application. It seems to work fine with the GET requests... I don't see what's the difference. When I send a POST request in Fiddler I can see that the server returns http status code 504. Thanks very much in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.