Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Can't Deploy to Netduino Plus 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BrownCoats113

BrownCoats113

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

I have a new netduino plus 2 that I recently bought from the very nice people at Seeed Studio.  Unfortunately I have been unable to get any code working.

I have installed:
NetMF 4.3.2
Netduino SDK 4.3.1
ST DfuSe  3.0.3
Visual Studio 2013 Express
Netduino Updater

Windows 8.1 with Hyper-V Enabled

The device is visible in Visual Studio, however I get deployment errors every time without fail.

I thought a good first step would be to reflash the firmware.
I tried following these instructions (http://forums.netdui...-firmware-v431/)

I can't see the netduino in Netduino Updater.
I can see the device in .NET Micro Framework Deployment Tool.
I can't see the device in ST's DfuSe Tester tool.

I hold the button prior to and after connection of the USB cable to enter bootloader mode.

The STM32F4 chip gets quite warm - far warmer than my Atmel SAM4S board or STM32F1 chip.

Is some one able to point me in the right direction?

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

Hi BrownCoats113,

Let's start with making sure your board is running the 4.3.1 firmware.

When you press and hold the pushbutton and power up your board using your computer's USB port...what does the device appear as in Device Manager? And does the device appear in "Netduino Update"?

Once we get you up and running with the latest firmware and a known-good board, let's try a simpler "blinky"-style app from Visual Studio to test deployment. Then...cool adventures await :)

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#3 BrownCoats113

BrownCoats113

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hi BrownCoats113,

Let's start with making sure your board is running the 4.3.1 firmware.

When you press and hold the pushbutton and power up your board using your computer's USB port...what does the device appear as in Device Manager? And does the device appear in "Netduino Update"?

Once we get you up and running with the latest firmware and a known-good board, let's try a simpler "blinky"-style app from Visual Studio to test deployment. Then...cool adventures await :)

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for taking the time.

Device is not visible in Netduino Update

Device Manager listing

Holding button during cable insert:  Netduino

Without holding button during cable insert: Netduino

Based on the last piece of information I thought the button might not be performing correctly.  I probed the pins with the multimeter.  The circuit remained open regardless of the button state.

I shorted the pins manually and it showed up as STM device.  I think we've found the problem.  I'll find a new button to solder on.

Thanks for the help Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.