Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Revive Netduino plus 2

fix netduino bootstrap

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EagleSparrow

EagleSparrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:54 AM

Ok.
You mess up your Netduino pkus 2 going to 4.3.1.

How can you fix it? How can you fix it if you have to bring it back to bear metal again, even the bootstrap ot boot loader?

How do you tell how much has to be reflashed?

Is there a list of step by step instructions or tools? The exiting ones did not work for me including pressing the button while poweron.

Thanks!!!

Pete

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Hi Pete,

If you hold the pushbutton while powering up your board via USB, what shows up in Device Manager? It should appear as "STM32 Device in DFU Mode" or similar.

Chris

#3 EagleSparrow

EagleSparrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

Nothing shows up. I am not sure the OS even has the drivers installed right. I think because I went straight to 4.2 instead of 4.3 to be safe.

Then I made the button app and tried to upgrade everything to 4.3. Now the Deploy on VS13 is dead as it seams and can not find the device. at times I get text like iteration 0--> 1,2 3 4 5 etc

but it does not find the device.

If I do not have the button pressed it runs my button program blinking the LED when I press the button.

-Pete

#4 EagleSparrow

EagleSparrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

Nothing shows up. I am not sure the OS even has the drivers installed right. I think because I went straight to 4.2 instead of 4.3 to be safe.

Then I made the button app and tried to upgrade everything to 4.3. Now the Deploy on VS13 is dead as it seams and can not find the device. at times I get text like iteration 0--> 1,2 3 4 5 etc

but it does not find the device.

If I do not have the button pressed it runs my button program blinking the LED when I press the button.

-Pete

Should I use the wire and pull that pin pad to 3.3 volts?

Is it possible to share a link with the latest 4.3.1 software? are you guys still in beta?

I don't think I have the right drivers installed. The device does not show up in device manager.

It does not show up in the Update-app, in VisualStudio13, or the Deploy Util Either.

#5 EagleSparrow

EagleSparrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hi Pete,

If you hold the pushbutton while powering up your board via USB, what shows up in Device Manager? It should appear as "STM32 Device in DFU Mode" or similar.

Chris

Yes it comes up in the Device manager like you said, Now what should I do?

-Peter

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

Hi Peter,

Grab a copy of the 4.3.1 firmware which comes with NetduinoUpdate:
http://forums.netdui...-firmware-v431/

Then run Netduino Update. You should see your device. Configure it as a Netduino Plus 2, if it doesn't already show up as that, and then flash it with the latest firmware. It will automatically erase-and-reflash your device to factory condition.

Does that help get you up and running?

Chris

#7 EagleSparrow

EagleSparrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

Got it update!!!

I'm at 4.3.1 now!!!

Cool

It seems my win7 box has everything messed up with the drives or something. My win8 box at home did everything great!!

1. Now I need a shield to connect Bluetooth for my Netduino Plus 2 and some sample code.
  2. I also need an example of talking Ethernet with it and accessing a webpage and getting data from an ASPX .ASHX handler or a WebApi Contoller action with MVC4. Any help on this?

I want to turn on the led with blue tooth. that's pretty basic.

I also want to press the button and get an event on my webpage

-Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.