Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

XbeeUserControl

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 willgeorge

willgeorge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

I made a Windows Form User Control for a Serial Port that I can use with my Netduino's and XBee's and for other projects. OK, so I love my little XBee's... I did some limited testing of the user control on a loopback and using with some old applications I have that are serial based. All seemed to work OK. The user control is a no frills generic serial port that I can put on a Windows Form and then use with limited coding. Currently there is no support for handshake. Mainly because, with modern devices, I never need to use it. The attached code has the serial port user control in a Windows Form test application. The application contains sample code for using the control and coding for the control 'events'... There is also a small Netduino application that you can use to test the communication between the Netduino and the user control/form. If all goes well uploading the Zip files, you should have the full source code and Exe files to run the applications. If you need to modify the code for the UserControl/Form begin with using (FormsXBeeUserControl folder) FormsXBeeUserControl.sln. This solution contains both the Windows Form and the UserControl projects. NOTE; When modifying the code for the serial port user control.. FIRST; Build/rebuild the user control project. THEN; build/rebuild the solution. This way, the dll reference for the form will have a updated dll to use when rebuilding the solution. EDIT: OK, so I'm gettin' old.. I forgot to post images of the user control. I am also posting a Windows Form that is a has tabs so that the user control is in the second tab. Makes the control hidden away so you have room for your main project. The main tab has a text box that will display the serial port messages. The textbox on the main tab is made the same size as the one in the user control. It does not have to be the same size, but... just the way I do things... OH! My granddaughter gave me a FEZ Spider as a gift! Nice little gadget. (Yes I know,, It's not a Netduino but.....) Have Fun!

Attached Files

#2 willgeorge

willgeorge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

Here is the new Zip and Images

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.