Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Converting libraries built for Ardiuno

Arduino Netduino Library Convert RF22

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tridy

tridy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:30 PM

Hello.

What does it take to convert a Arduino library/driver like RF22, for example, to make it work on Netduino. Is there anything that could be automatized? Could it be just re-compiled for a different platform from the source code (I think it's C/C++). How does it usually work? Is there anything to make life easier :)?

Thanks!

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:10 AM

Nothing automated, just have to plough through the algorithm by hand.

Regards,

Mark

• gismo likes this

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 KiwiDev

KiwiDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

Hi Triddy,

Were you after any particular chipset drivers in the RF22 library or was that just an example to illustrate your question? 

@KiwiBryn

blog.devmobile.co.nz

#4 tridy

tridy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

(related to: http://forums.netdui...433mhz-module/)

I have got this 433.92 module and have some material that shows how to use it with Arduino. The projects use RadioHead RF drivers library (RF22 for my particular case) and this is what I will need as well. Is there any other way/library for communicating?

thanks!

#5 tridy

tridy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

I looked at the code of RF22 driver for Arduino and it waaaay to much work to convert it to Netduino format. I will look for other modules and possibilities.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arduino, Netduino, Library, Convert, RF22

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.