Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Mono Bootloader woes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hiddenpremise

hiddenpremise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hi,

I recently got a Netduino Plus and have been trying to get it to work with the mono bootloader that's posted in this forum. I followed instructions from the "Getting Started with Netduino" book that I bought.

Any apps that I build in Visual Studio on my win 7 pc run fine, but I cannot get anything to work from the bootloader side of things.

I have successfully built the examples on both an OS X and Mint Linux 13 (Ubuntu based) boxes, however none of them will run.

In visual studio, I have set breakpoints and found that the bootloader dies here:

netduinoAppClassInstance = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap("MonoNetduinoApp, Version=1.0.0.0", "MonoNetduinoApp.Program");

I thought this might be because of the "MonoNetduinoApp" not matching the Properties.cs
[assembly: AssemblyTitle("BlinkingLed")]
So I changed it to
netduinoAppClassInstance = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap("BlinkingLed, Version=1.0.0.0", "MonoNetduinoApp.Program");
and then when that didn't work to
netduinoAppClassInstance = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap("BlinkingLed, Version=1.0.0.0", "BlinkingLed.Program");

No luck. It dies without fail here.

A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
The program '[26] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

I have also built the BlinkingLed example in Visual Studio 2010, debugged it on the device (it worked), and then copied the .pe file from that build onto the SD card. Same issue, it does not run.

Any advice? Please let me know if I can provide more info.

-Whit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.