Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Help about controll netduino with USB in the winfom app

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shamnadhoh

shamnadhoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hey Guys,
I'm Italian so sorry for my (bad) English :(

I have to do a race timer but I want controll it in the winform app, through the USB, and by photocell. For Example if I press a button (in the application) the timer have to start, and in the WinForm app I have to see the time of the lap, because I have to put the timer in a huge monitor for horse races.
So with this application I can "save" all the time about all runners od the race, and I can dwaw up a standings, and the audience can see the standings in the monitor.

What I have to do is to communicate to the NetDuino through the winfor application, and the NetDuino have to transmit the data in the application so I can save and show all the information about the race, and, of course, show the chronometer about each lap.

I have already understand that the last version of Microframework (sdk 3.0) supports the USB communicating protocol, but because I'm a newbie I want some help an guidelines about the argument, and, If possible, some example codes.

I apriciate your help,
Thank You!!!

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

I'm Italian so sorry for my (bad) English :(

Rest assured, your English is better than my Italian.

I forgot that I had actually written about this a while ago. I did this using a FTDI cable to convert the USB to serial. The example can be found here.

Regards,
Mark
  • shamnadhoh likes this

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 shamnadhoh

shamnadhoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

Rest assured, your English is better than my Italian.

I forgot that I had actually written about this a while ago. I did this using a FTDI cable to convert the USB to serial. The example can be found here.

Regards,
Mark

Thank you, B)

So I have to buy the serial/usb cable to develop and debug the application, and I have to use the USB to controll the application, right?

#4 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

I also did this some time ago with an Atmega microcontroller.
As you can read in the link Nevyn posted "Plugging this cable into the PC installed new drivers (on Windows 7) and created a new COM port for me."

So you don't "talk" with the Netduino over USB, but via "simulated" serial communication.

Greets, Markus
  • shamnadhoh likes this

NeonMika.Webserver
> Control your N+ and write webservice methods easyily
> Receive data from you N+ (in XML or JSON)
> Browse the SD on your N+ directly in the browser and d
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.