Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Joystick and Bluetooth Module

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xikky

xikky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

I need to implement a joystick module Joystick1 + BreakoutBoard or Joystick2 to Netduino and a bluetooth module Bluetooth that will be used for communication between PC and Netduino. I have several questions before purchasing these items...

1. What is the difference between the two joysticks that I've put a link for? My personal preference is the first one since the other is out of stock and since I'm buying all the stuff from www.hwkitchen.com
2. Imp: How do I connect the joystick to the breakout board? Is the breakout board used to connect I/O device to a Development board?
3. And do you have any guides to share for me on how to connect and program these devices on the Netduino. Best I found for bluetooth is this Link (which I'm hoping RN-41 and RN-42 are no different to connect and program). I found nothing yet regarding the joystick. Please share with me some guides that you know on these two subjects as I'm still new on this.
4. And anyone bought from HW Kitchen before?

Thank you in advance :)

#2 gbreder

gbreder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hi xikky, 1. There is no diffrence between these two models. Both are 2-axis analog sticks with a pushbutton. 2. You solder the stick and about 5 pins into the breakout board and you're done. You newly created joystick board can be connected directly to the anlaog pins of the Netduino or by some of the available "proto shields". Don't forget to connect AREF to 3.3V if your Joystick is connected to 3.3V... Regards Guido

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.