Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

WPA2 PSK

Best Answer Brian Ingenito, 22 May 2015 - 11:05 PM

I just deployed an empty app and it lit up.  *sigh of relief*  Thanks!  Now onto some ssl/smtp fun.  The gadgeteer with the wifly just wasn't cutting it for me.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Ingenito

Brian Ingenito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

Attempting to configure dhcp connection against my verizon router with wpa2 and psk.  I select WPAPSK, do I use no auth?  I put in the pass phrase and ssid, and when I apply, no lights are shown other than the power light.  No yellow or anything.  It's as though it isn't even trying to connect.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:17 AM

Hi bingenito,

WPAPSK should be the default. Just enter your SSID and passphrase, and you should be good to go.

If you're not seeing a yellow ACT light after powering up your board, then something's askew.

If you change the SSID/passphrase, do you get a yellow light? What happens when you then change back to your real network config?

Let's get you up and running here...

Chris

#3 DevBiker

DevBiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

Your code on the device needs to do something with the network. Even if it's as simple as GetIsNetworkAvailable().

Drove me crazy for a bit as well.

#4 Brian Ingenito

Brian Ingenito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

No yellow light ever no matter what I select, just the generic white power light.  That is what is driving me crazy.  I've tried while connected to two different pc and have also updated to latest firmware as a possible fix.  Rebooting, etc and no yellow or any other light to make me feel warm and fuzzy that it is working.

I assume I just hit apply and applies?  Or do I need to set something else for it to take effect?

#5 Brian Ingenito

Brian Ingenito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:55 PM

Just gave another few tries and never one light besides the white or the blue.  Barring me doing anything obviously silly, I'm guessing I should box it up and return it?

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:01 PM

Hi Brian,

Listen to DevBiker: he is wise :)

Sorry, I should have thought of and mentioned this earlier... [Thank you DevBiker!]

Netduino 3 and Netduino.IP support advanced power management. If you don't deploy code to the board, it won't start up the networking chip.

In other words, you won't see any ACT LED activity until an actual app is running on the board.

Question:
If you deploy an app to your board, does it connect to the network?

Chris

#7 Brian Ingenito

Brian Ingenito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:05 PM   Best Answer

I just deployed an empty app and it lit up.  *sigh of relief*  Thanks!  Now onto some ssl/smtp fun.  The gadgeteer with the wifly just wasn't cutting it for me.

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:06 PM

I just deployed an empty app and it lit up.  *sigh of relief*  Thanks!

Woot! :)

Now onto some ssl/smtp fun.

Oh, please share more info! I'd love to read about your SSL/SMTP adventures in a new thread.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.