Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

The debugging target is not in an initialized state; rebooting...

Best Answer blackt1ger, 20 November 2014 - 01:05 AM

Well, found the issue.  Wouldn't have believed it.

USB port on computer.  Switched the port and now 4.2 works and 4.3 works.  I think it was in a USB 3.0 connector.  

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 blackt1ger

blackt1ger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:35 AM

Okay, so I  pull out my NetDuino 2 Plus because I need to test some breakout boards via SPI.  Ideal situation, rapid code writing, good testing.

First I upgrade everything to VS2013, firmware, sdk, MF.NET to 4.3.  Got the problem that is the topic of this post.

After a day fighting with it, I decide, "Okay, downgrade, everything used to work....". 

Now, I'm at VS 2010 with MF 4.2, sdk 4.2, firmware 4.2.2.  Still get the same error message.

Steps taken include using NetDuino Update to erase the app image, DFSU (or whatever it's called) works ( I had to reflash to 4.2 with that), NetDuino Update works ( I had to flash to 4.3 with that).....

I'm back on MF 4.2 and Visual Studio 2010. 

I confirmed that my USB driver is from Secret Labs and has the appropriate version number (4.2) for now.

Any suggestions?  Anybody knows what's wrong?

#2 dino4net

dino4net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:11 AM

Did you try to remove the dll references in your project and add them again in Visual Studio?

Is there a difference if you try it with a new project, compared to an existing one?

#3 blackt1ger

blackt1ger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

I'm sure I've done that at least once.   I did verify that all the references match desired SDK version by using the Properties window.  And they all point to the appropriate locations where everything is installed ( which is all default locations ).

The thing is, I did a blinky and it deploys, works, etc.  I would think that a mismatched assembly would just lock it up.

The draw to using NetDuino was the integrated debugging.  Might as well go back to MPLAB and doing it on a PIC board, at least there the ICD3 debugger works (fingers crossed, it has been a few months since I've used that, too).

#4 blackt1ger

blackt1ger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:17 AM

Okay, so I install Windows XP SP3 32-bit on VMware Workstation (clean install), install Visual Studio 2010 C# Express, netduino sdk 4.2, and MF 4.2.

Attach my Netduino to the XP VM machine.

Had a known issue with MPP, fixed (didn't install .NET 2, just did the updated manifest).

My blinky builds and deploys, but no love in attaching a debugger.....   

What could it be?

I might have to go all the way back to MF 4.1.

#5 dino4net

dino4net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

Trash all that VMware and extremely old software XP / Visual Studio, ... and use Win 8.1 with Visual Studio 2013 and 4.3.

#6 blackt1ger

blackt1ger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:05 AM   Best Answer

Well, found the issue.  Wouldn't have believed it.

USB port on computer.  Switched the port and now 4.2 works and 4.3 works.  I think it was in a USB 3.0 connector.  

#7 dzilupl

dzilupl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

I have the same problem but in my case switching USB port doesn't help.

After upgrade to 4.3 (earlier I was using VS2013 with 4.2) everything worked fine - now after upgrade to 4.3 nothing happens - found debugger shows twice and project stops. Anyone can help?

Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, VS2013.4 Professional, Netduino 2 plus, .net micro 4.3, firmware 4.3.1

#8 dzilupl

dzilupl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

I found the issue - in my case it's .NET Micro Framework Toolbox.

Everything works fine until I add reference to Toolbox.NETMF.NET.Core and Toolbox.NETMF.NET.Integrated - when added then my project crash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.