Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Visual Studio 2013 - New install cannot create new project

Best Answer Chris Walker, 20 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hi vader7071, .NET Micro Framework has not been updated to support Visual Studio 2013 yet. You'll want to grab a copy of Visual Studio Express for Windows Desktop 2012...and then install the .NET MF 4.3 and Netduino 4.3 beta SDKs. Chris Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vader7071

vader7071

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationDothan, AL

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

I was able to get the templates installed for Visual Studio Pro 2013.  To be honest I really don't know what I did, I just kept reading posts and trying suggestions.  I believe it was fixed by getting the templates copied into all the different folders and unzipping the files.

So here is what I have now.  Windows 7 64bit, Visual Studio Pro 2013, .NET Micro Framework 4.5.1

I run VS and get the startup screen.  I click on "New Project" and then select Visual C#.  Under C#, I select Micro Framework.  In there, there is a list of Netduino, Netduino2, Netduino Mini, Netduino Go, Netduino Plus, and Netduino Plus 2.

I have a Netduino (not a 2) and so I select Netduino Application.  When I click on this I get an error:

"The project file C:userscwrenAppDataLocalTemp00cuh0aq.jhdTempblink.csproj cannot be opened.

There is a missing project subtype.  Subtype: {b69e3092-b931-443c-abe7-7e7b65f2a37f} is unsupported by this installation."

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:22 PM   Best Answer

Hi vader7071, .NET Micro Framework has not been updated to support Visual Studio 2013 yet. You'll want to grab a copy of Visual Studio Express for Windows Desktop 2012...and then install the .NET MF 4.3 and Netduino 4.3 beta SDKs. Chris

#3 vader7071

vader7071

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationDothan, AL

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Well rats.  Do I have to go with Express 2012 or will Pro 2012 work?

I'm a student so I get the programs for free.  Figure I'd get all I can get that will work for what I need.

#4 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hi vader7071, 

Yes, Visual Studio 2012 Pro will work perfectly. Welcome to the Netduino Community!

Cheers,

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.