Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Addressing Netduino Flash memory

flash netduino-plus-2

Best Answer Chris Walker, 14 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi Emilio,

To read/write to a MicroSD card, you'll want to use the System.IO primitives (StreamReader, StreamWriter, etc.).  MicroSD cards are automatically mounted at "SD".

You can use a <=2GB MicroSD card natively.

Chris

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Emilio x64

Emilio x64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I recently read that the Netduino Plus 2 (the device I have in mind and am developing for) has a certain amount of Flash Memory available for use by the application.

Since my application needs to persist in memory (across boot cycles) several values, I would like to know IF I can really use that flash memory and how I can access it from my NETMF application.

#2 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

AFAIK you cant from managed code, you would be best off writing to a SD card any data you want persisted between power cycles.

Also see: http://forums.netdui...write/?hl=flash

Nak.

Edited by nakchak, 14 August 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#3 Emilio x64

Emilio x64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Quite true, the flash is not the best place. Does the Netduino Plus 2 comes with a built-in SD Card? and if so, is there some sample code how I can access it? I simply need to read/write configuration data, nothing else, no big files,etc. The problem there would be that given the sizes of SD cards, most of its space would be wasted.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:12 PM   Best Answer

Hi Emilio,

To read/write to a MicroSD card, you'll want to use the System.IO primitives (StreamReader, StreamWriter, etc.).  MicroSD cards are automatically mounted at "SD".

You can use a <=2GB MicroSD card natively.

Chris

#5 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

True most of the storage would goto waste, but it would cost more than an sd card to implement an eeprom or similar device as a shield...

Nak.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flash, netduino-plus-2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.