Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Custom PCB Flashing for the First Time

netduino plus 2 custom pcb erase pad

Best Answer Chris Walker, 01 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hi ryanram11, Those instructions are for the gen1 Netduino hardware. Check out the latest firmware updates (sticky posts in the forums) for Netduino Plus 2; those have instructions on how to use the ST tools to reflash Netduino gen2 boards (or in this case your custom hardware). Chris Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ryanram11

ryanram11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hey Guys, 

Using the Netduino Plus 2 schematic we have populated a custom PCB using the same parts in addition to some other sensors. I just got the board and I'm about to flash it using the process from the following guides:

...though I just realized we need to short the "erase pad" to 3V3. Which pin does this coorespond to on the microcontroller or where can I find it on the schematic?

Also, after shorting the erase pad to 3V3; am I correct in following the previous two guides mentioned to begin programming our custom PCB? Do I need anything else?

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:12 PM   Best Answer

Hi ryanram11, Those instructions are for the gen1 Netduino hardware. Check out the latest firmware updates (sticky posts in the forums) for Netduino Plus 2; those have instructions on how to use the ST tools to reflash Netduino gen2 boards (or in this case your custom hardware). Chris

#3 ryanram11

ryanram11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

Thanks Chris, I was able to successfully flash our hardware using your directions here: http://forums.netdui...-v422-update-2/

Side question which is probably trivial: since this is custom hardware what do I set the MAC address too? Is it specific?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.