Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

again RS-485. other

Best Answer Cre4et, 21 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Thank you for your answers, we will dig ...
It is a pity that there is no interface like RS-485 interface is implemented in GoBUS ...
we have to use a
binder, such as:

Netduino GO <> Shield Base Module <> RS485 Shield for Arduino <> ...RS-485

OR

Netduino GO <> Shield Base Module <> othet RS485 Shield <> ...RS-485

OR

Netduino GO <> XBee Adapter Module <> XBee - UART to RS485 Interface Card <> ...RS-485

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cre4et

Cre4et

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

You can tell me? Will the module
MOD-RS485-ISO
with Netduino GO? Thank you!

#2 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationEurope, Denmark

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

In short, no UEXT is not GoBus, they are both 10 pin connections, even the size of the connectors is different.

Will yo be able to hack those things to someway talk together, probably yes.

Will that make any sense. Only you will know, because you have not given any information about your project.

- Ulrik Lunddahl

#3 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

You can tell me? Will the module
MOD-RS485-ISO
with Netduino GO? Thank you!

In short, no UEXT is not GoBus, they are both 10 pin connections, even the size of the connectors is different.

Will yo be able to hack those things to someway talk together, probably yes.

Will that make any sense. Only you will know, because you have not given any information about your project.

- Ulrik Lunddahl

Ulrik is very correct the pinouts for GoBus would have 5V supplied over what UEXT is expecting to be GND  then the GoBus GND would be the UEXT's SPI Chip Select.  If you hacked up the connection so that the pins were in the correct places, you could almost make it work, since (AFAIK) the Go mainboard isn't using the I2C pins on any of the ports you wouldn't have I2C, and to use the Serial (UART?) you'd take up an entire bus (either ports 1 - 4 or 5 -8).  But if you only wanted to use the SPI part of the UEXT connector you could, with just the needed changes to the pin layout.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#4 Cre4et

Cre4et

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:41 AM   Best Answer

Thank you for your answers, we will dig ...
It is a pity that there is no interface like RS-485 interface is implemented in GoBUS ...
we have to use a
binder, such as:

Netduino GO <> Shield Base Module <> RS485 Shield for Arduino <> ...RS-485

OR

Netduino GO <> Shield Base Module <> othet RS485 Shield <> ...RS-485

OR

Netduino GO <> XBee Adapter Module <> XBee - UART to RS485 Interface Card <> ...RS-485

Edited by Cre4et, 22 February 2013 - 12:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.