Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Mini not responding

Netduino Mini hardware reset not responsing

Best Answer NooM, 15 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

when you connect dtr it will stay in bootloader mode. unplug that.

if it still doesent work, connect it again, start it, hit the erase button in mfdeploy and erase your deployment (not the firmware)

unplug dtr again, restart... it should work.

also, you actually only need a max232 and 4 1uf capacitors.. than you can use your ftdi cable on the 12v rs232 port.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hugo145

Hugo145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Hello everyone,

I would highly appreciate any thoughts on the following issue because I am desperate at the moment.

Everything worked superb until debug session with Mini was terminated unexpectedly. Since then I am unable to communicate with the device.

VS deploy now shows me the following

Posted Image

MFDeploy shows the following

Posted Image

And Putty shows the following when booting Mini

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ESC does not work, any keys either.

It does succesfully boot into TinyBooter when DTR set to +5V but that does not change anything - still stops on "waiting for debug commands" without any reaction to the input. What does it waiting for?

FTDI cable should be working - I am able to see what I print in Putty when shorting Tx and Rx.

My settings are default - 115200/8/1/No/No.

Connection is default - VCC(21), GND(4), TX(11), RX(12) via FTDI cable (3.3V I/O TTL, 5V VCC).

I do not have USB-RS232 cable to flash new firmware but willing to get one if this will be the only choice.

It was all very fun until now :(

Thank you for any suggestions.

Igor.

#2 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:22 PM   Best Answer

when you connect dtr it will stay in bootloader mode. unplug that.

if it still doesent work, connect it again, start it, hit the erase button in mfdeploy and erase your deployment (not the firmware)

unplug dtr again, restart... it should work.

also, you actually only need a max232 and 4 1uf capacitors.. than you can use your ftdi cable on the 12v rs232 port.

#3 Hugo145

Hugo145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Thanks a lot, NooM,

I eventually managed to erase deplyment via MFDeploy and this fixed everything.

My problem was that I accidentally used TTL Pin12 as CS pin for the SPI configuration. At the moment this line of code was executed Netduino was doomed, this explains why debugging session was immediately terminated.

Also, when DTR is high Netduino will stay in TinyBooter mode for barely 3 seconds, thet it will load TinyCLR and hang so you've got to be real quick.

Problem solved, please close the topic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Netduino Mini, hardware, reset, not responsing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.