Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Pressing F5...Ok While I powered off and powered on usb........not working.

Best Answer Chris Walker, 13 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hi supra,

Sorry chris.   Error 1 Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:NetduinoGo Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:NetduinoGo========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========   USB can see Netduino.   Chris,  are you using USB 3.0? My pc  merely used 2.0.
That's great additional info; thank you. With the 4.2.2 firmware, Netduino Go's USB name has changed to "Netduino" (instead of "NetduinoGo"). This is to enable new and future capabilities. To update the deployment target for your device. 1. In Visual Studio, open up "Project Properties > .NET Micro Framework". 2. Change the transport from USB to Serial. 3. Change the transport from Serial to USB. 4. If it is not already selected, select "NetduinoGo_Netduino" as the target device. 5. Save your project. That should get you back up and running; let me know how it goes! Chris Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Moderator note: this post split from the Shield Base Beta 5 post. HEY Chris! Work greaaaaaaaaaaaat. No More detached usb (power off/on). I been testing all my projects for knightrider and 8x8 dotmatix. :)  :)

#2 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Found bug again, Chris :angry:

While I powered off and powered on usb........NOT WORKING  :(  :(  :(

Pressing F5...Ok

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi supra, Can you please provide details about the issue you're currently experiencing? If you power off and then re-power USB, your application should start running again. Unless you have your application running from Visual Studio, in which case the debugger may re-attach automatically and your app might therefore be paused. Chris

#4 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I converted from Arduino To NGO.

Here is link:http://arduino.cc/en...orial/ShftOut22

schematic:http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut Look for 16 leds

Here is my source code:

using System;using System.Threading;using Microsoft.SPOT;using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoGo;using NetduinoGo;namespace Knight_rider_3{    public class Program    {                   public static Int32 i = 0;            public static bool  pinState;            public static void Main()            {                // write your code here                ShieldBase sb = new ShieldBase(GoSockets.Socket5);                //Pin connected to ST_CP of 74HC595 to NGO of pin 10                OutputPort _latch = new OutputPort(sb.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10, false);                 //Pin connected to DS of 74HC595 to NGO of pin 11                OutputPort _data = new OutputPort(sb.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D11, false);                  //Pin connected to SH_CP of 74HC595 to NGO of pin 13                OutputPort _clock = new OutputPort(sb.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D13, false);                 //function that blinks all the LEDs                //gets passed the number of blinks and the pause time                while (true)                {                    // light each pin one by one using a function A                    for (Int32 j = 0; j < 16; j++)                    {                        //red LEDs...Left to Right                        lightShiftingPinA(16- j, _data, _clock, _latch);                                               //green LEDs.... Right to Left                        //lightShiftingPinA(j+1, _data, _clock, _latch );                                              // Thread.Sleep(10);                    }                    // light each pin one by one using a function B                    for (Int32 j = 0; j < 16; j++)                     {                    //red LEDs....... Right to Left                     lightShiftingPinB(j + 1, _data, _clock, _latch );                     //green LEDs...Left to Right                     // lightShiftingPinB(16 - j, _data, _clock, _latch );                    //return the latch pin high to signal chip that it no longer needs to listen for information                    // _latch.Write(true);                                          Thread.Sleep(10);                    }                           }            }        static void Shiftout(Int32 value, OutputPort data, OutputPort clock, OutputPort latch)        {            for(Int32 i = 0; i < 17; i++)            {                Int32 mask = 1;                mask = 1 << i;                  pinState = (mask & value) != 0;                data.Write(pinState);                clock.Write(true);                data.Write(true);                clock.Write(false);            }              latch.Write(true);              latch.Write(false);        }             //This function uses bitwise math to move the pins up        static void lightShiftingPinA(Int32 p, OutputPort data, OutputPort clock, OutputPort latch)        {            Int32 pin = 1;            pin = 1 << p;                      //move 'em out            Shiftout(pin, data, clock, latch);        }        //This function uses that fact that each bit in a byte        //is 2 times greater than the one before it to shift the bits higher        static void lightShiftingPinB(Int32 p, OutputPort data, OutputPort clock, OutputPort latch)        {            Int32 pin = 1;            for(Int32  x = 0; x < p; x++)            {                pin *= 2;            }            //move 'em out            Shiftout(pin, data, clock, latch);        }    }}

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hi supra, Thank you for the code. However I do understand what issue you are experiencing. Could you please provide details? Photos? Reproduction steps? Even a detailed explanation will help us help you diagnose the issue. I want to help; I just have no idea what you're seeing :) Chris

#6 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Sorry chris.

Error 1 Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:NetduinoGo
Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:NetduinoGo========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

USB can see Netduino.

Chris,  are you using USB 3.0? My pc  merely used 2.0.

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:22 PM   Best Answer

Hi supra,
  Sorry chris.   Error 1 Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:NetduinoGo Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:NetduinoGo========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========   USB can see Netduino.   Chris,  are you using USB 3.0? My pc  merely used 2.0.
That's great additional info; thank you. With the 4.2.2 firmware, Netduino Go's USB name has changed to "Netduino" (instead of "NetduinoGo"). This is to enable new and future capabilities. To update the deployment target for your device. 1. In Visual Studio, open up "Project Properties > .NET Micro Framework". 2. Change the transport from USB to Serial. 3. Change the transport from Serial to USB. 4. If it is not already selected, select "NetduinoGo_Netduino" as the target device. 5. Save your project. That should get you back up and running; let me know how it goes! Chris

#8 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Hi supra, That's great additional info; thank you. With the 4.2.2 firmware, Netduino Go's USB name has changed to "Netduino" (instead of "NetduinoGo"). This is to enable new and future capabilities. To update the deployment target for your device. 1. In Visual Studio, open up "Project Properties > .NET Micro Framework". 2. Change the transport from USB to Serial. 3. Change the transport from Serial to USB. 4. If it is not already selected, select "NetduinoGo_Netduino" as the target device. 5. Save your project. That should get you back up and running; let me know how it goes! Chris

Thank, Chris. I got USB device working. All I see is Netduino instead of NetduinoGO, as I understand. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

But what happen! When I power off usb and power on usb again. The clocks such as data, latch and clock are  not working. But same as above #4.

Can you give me any hints as posting #4?

Supra

When I power on usb. The led is stay on but the LEDs not moving. Is something wrong with SPI?

Edited by supra, 14 January 2013 - 03:11 AM.

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hi supra,
When I power off usb and power on usb again. The clocks such as data, latch and clock are  not working. But same as above #4. Can you give me any hints as posting #4? ... When I power on usb. The led is stay on but the LEDs not moving. Is something wrong with SPI?
Since you're bit-banging SPI and not using the built-in SPI feature of NETMF, it's a bit hard to tell what might be going on. Can you step through your code, to make sure that it is executing the lines you expect to be executing? If so, and if it's working properly, do you have a logic analyzer that you can hook up to the pins to analyze the SPI data pattern which you're outputting from the shield base pins? Chris

#10 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

do you have a logic analyzer that you can hook up to the pins to analyze the SPI data pattern which you're outputting from the shield base pins? Chris

No.

I Added 3 leds for each clocks. By monitoring each clocks and see if the clocks is working or not.

#11 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hi Chirs,

But why NGO is not working when I power off and power on USB again?

supra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.