Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

poodull's Content

There have been 2 items by poodull (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49 Libraries, Drivers and Shields

Posted by poodull on 04 August 2010 - 05:52 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Yes, that's a great start. I guess I used the wrong phrase. It's not driver's I'm interested in since most components require no drivers at all. The point is the coding libraries for controlling these things for a specific task -- Almost like code snippets. For example, switch debouncing. There's quite a few different libraries in Arduino and tons of debate on which to use based on your needs of granular control (including hardware used). However, like you pointed out, in .net 4.1 there's just the boolean parameter in the constructor for a InputPort. I suppose if there's a specific library defined for product X, it would be relatively trivial to port it to C#. Well, I'm going to get one and play around with it. Hopefully it can handle what I need without any issue. Any advice on how to keep pin state updates as fast as possible using the net framework? The idea of having multiple threads is scary. I have no idea how a microcontroller like this would handle it. Volatile comes to mind.

#46 Libraries, Drivers and Shields

Posted by poodull on 04 August 2010 - 02:42 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I've started a project using teensy++ (Arduino clone) and as a full time C# architect, I'm very interested in migrating to netdunio. I realize this is a new product, so I'm trying to be patient, but I don't see the things I need to do so. First and foremost, there are libraries upon libraries in the Arduino community for stuff like switch debouncing, multiplexing, stepper/motor, servo control, etc. Do things like that exist already for the netduino? Second, there are shields for just about everything under the sun. Specifically, I'd like a zigbee, wifi, or plain ethernet shield for this thing. I've read on the website that it supports them, but drivers are needed... so we're back to my first point: where are the drivers? what about the 4.1 micro framework? Can I do some more advanced stuff like WCF services, threadpools, etc? Lastly, one thing that I really like about the arduino is that I don't need an ardiuno. I bought a teensy++ because (at the time) it had the most IO ports available. It's a tiny, non-standard form factor, but I have all the pins I need on one board. So my question is, is this also opensource hardware? Are there any other companies building boards? This is very exciting news to me (courtesy of Make) and I can't wait to pick one of these up. fc

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.