Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Nym's Content

There have been 20 items by Nym (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#48025 Flashing 4.2 failed

Posted by Nym on 04 April 2013 - 04:32 PM in Netduino Mini

Why it have to be [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]rs232 cable and not TTL UART in order to [/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]flashing the tinybooter using SAM-BA? I currently have a TTL cable and doesn't work at all, sam-ba gives me error of no "[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]no valid processor ID found[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]". I have a mini and also a custom pcb using at91sam7x512 AU chip and for the sake of me I cannot get sam-ba to flash anything and I guess because I'm using TTL cable and not RS232, can anyone confirme this and shed some technical light why rs232 is capable of doing so and not TTL cable? AT the end both are converted from usb to serial not?[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Thanks[/color]

#48037 Flashing 4.2 failed

Posted by Nym on 04 April 2013 - 06:46 PM in Netduino Mini

Clear as water...Since I'm not using RS-232 level converter,my TTL should work. I'm using this cable from Sparkfun https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9717

I cannot get samba to work with, so I think that it doesn't like that specific cable,any other options that someone might be used?

#45180 Issue with resolving AnalogInput

Posted by Nym on 08 February 2013 - 09:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris I'm a little bit confuse here, if I'm using Netduino but upgraded board to framework 4.2, I should be using the declaration as:

AnalogInput solarSensor = new AnalogInput(Cpu.AnalogChannel.ANALOG_2) // From Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware

or

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]var [/color]solarSensor[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]= new SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A1); // From Secret lab[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Which one is the correct version for reading through Analog Input and Why?[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Thanks in advance[/color]

#48026 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by Nym on 04 April 2013 - 04:52 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

HI CW2,

Thanks for the answer. All I did was pull DRXD and DTXD pins from micro to females headers pins so I can use my FTDI cable, no rs232 level translator here .After that I have connected cable TX to header RX, cable RX to header TX and also I read that I should connect cable ground to pcb ground which I'm doing. I have tried to flash around 40 times!! and only two in between I was able to pull off samba but my nerves betrayed me and I upload Netduino gen 1 bootloader which works over USB by default and not Mini variant using UART. Then, I have tried to flash it many times and cannot longer get sam-ba to work. I guess that chip could damage but I check voltage and continuity and everything is perfect,also chip is not getting hot indicating some short.I ordered couple more to replace but in the meanwhile I'm deeply lost here since it should work without issues.

Posted Image

#48028 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by Nym on 04 April 2013 - 05:23 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

yea I have erased chip about 30 times, I have found different steps about how to do so but essentially I'm doing steps recommended on mini link you posted and still no luck....Is there anything missing on the way that I'm connected my UART ports to micro?

Sam-ba always return "No valid processor ID found"

#48031 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by Nym on 04 April 2013 - 06:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Also nooms helped me out and we check reset,erase pins were correctly implemented.Crystal is rsponding 18.48MHz in the oscilloscope,so chip apparently is working.Let me the samba thing

#48018 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by Nym on 04 April 2013 - 02:06 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Chris,

What about loading the bootlader to chip using Sam-Ba, Can I do it using DEBUG pins UART too or there is any other combination of pins to do that step. I only one FTDI cable, no rs232 at hand. Also, I'm using the Atmel at91sam7x512 chip and I dont available neither the usb interface or jtag, I didn't expect to be used on my pcb and that was a huge mistake. All I have is UART ports and FTDI cable, what I can do to flash chip, laod the bootloader and load the firmware? Also which firmware would be more suitable in my case of no usb: The Netduino gen 1 or Mini?

Thanks

#48038 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by Nym on 04 April 2013 - 06:50 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

How can I do so? Sorry for asking so many questions... I have oscilloscope here only I need some guidance to test the TTL cable and what values I should be seen to know that is correct?

Also I'm using https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9717 . Any one other FTDI cable or board that could be better and used by other members. I know that my FTDI is able to debug/deploy and communicate because I have tested on my Netduino gen 1 board but never used sam-ba there since I connect my board using micro-usb port.

#47789 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by Nym on 30 March 2013 - 05:42 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hey Chris Thanks for catching up here with me. It is indeed pretty interesting what you mentioned so question is: What is the third UART on the SAM7x? I'm not aware of that and is very promising; I only know UART 1 & 2 located in the first D pins of netduino for communication, what couple of pins would make the third? Also, if is not a big nightmare for you, can you detail how your team change deployment port on an imaginary one? I received my pcb board and have all elements soldered in already, including Sam7x micro-controller, also I have my FTDI cable ready for action here. Unfortunately, I grounded JTAG port, shame on me. Thanks for the hints 

#47638 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by Nym on 27 March 2013 - 03:41 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I was wondering if it is really possible to implement a couple of tricks to use port Com1 for debuggingdeploying purpose and at the same time deploy in the code instructions to use such port for communication? I have no aid from usb, so it counts as it doesn't exist. I just want to know if any member has succeeded to do so and can share some code and hints about how to make it happen. Thanks in advance,

Ps: I tried to do so with my netduino board and result was to only be able to deployed code once and after that no communication whatsoever or chance to upload new code if not flashing the firmware. I can do so if that is the only way of making this work if I can get the port to transmit to Pc using a USB - TTL cable.

#47733 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by Nym on 29 March 2013 - 07:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Darn, not good for my ears, I was hoping some miracle here, I guess I will have to start looking in the other direction unless somebody come forward with some successful experience about it. thanks Dave for sharing your outcome.

#47678 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by Nym on 28 March 2013 - 01:56 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Come on people,shed some light here  :ph34r: . Some update from what I'm doing: I'm using a FTDI Cable to connect Netduino to pc since the final idea is to connect PC with same atmel chip in a custom Pcb. Being said so, I'm using Com1 to deploydebug at the same time that some code to transmit is uploaded. I successively control when transmit using a flag variable which is toggle using push button interruption, it works very good. Also, I implemented the structure using(SerialPort port = new SerialPort("Com1"....)), then I guarantee that port is being disposed at the end of code at every time is used. However, for the sake of me, I cannot deploy anymore or debug when Com1 is used at least once to transmit some information, even though is being close,dispose, etc...Indeed, my intuition is telling me that something change in the virtual com created from FTDI that VS is not able to use for deploy unless I do a firmware flash (Which is highly desired to be avoided), then this is the point where I'm lost and need some help from the community, please share something.

Thankssss[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;] [/color]

#47529 Netduino crystal Oscillator

Posted by Nym on 24 March 2013 - 03:47 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks NooM and ziggurat29 for your help here, yes I'm using the old Netduino 1 schematics version. I sent my board to be manufactured without double checking the crystal thing and discovered that I selected through hole style versus SMD which would make life easier to find appropriate crystal but harder to solder on it. Since I cannot get the benefit of the pad configurations, darn!!!, I chose 3 different packages to be sent from mouser. They were derived from above hints so I greatly appreciate the help from the community.

#47514 Netduino crystal Oscillator

Posted by Nym on 23 March 2013 - 10:25 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi community,

I'm crashing my head against the wall to select the correct crystal oscillator from Netduino design. I designed my custom Pcb board derived from Netduino and then I need to buy a crystall oscillator. Does anyone has vendor URL at hand where I can order the 18.432 Mhz crystall oscillator in US? I google up and there are too many different configurations for this type of crystal and variety of manufactures then things start to be confusing for me.

Thanks in advance for any help

Nym.

#48039 Netduino crystal Oscillator

Posted by Nym on 04 April 2013 - 06:53 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Got it.already ordered them and running up :). Thanks

#47611 Flashing Netduino Firmware using serial com?

Posted by Nym on 27 March 2013 - 12:43 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi community,

I have been reading different posts about flashing the new firmware 4.2 in the Netduino using either usb or serial. My question is the following: I have my custom Pcb board using same atmel chip as netduino and only can be accessed through com1 port for debuggingdeploying, is it possible to do the a firmware flashing using this serial port? I have been successful when flashing my development board because uses usb but still not luck with only serial com1 for my Pcb board. Can somebody shed some light here to my trouble. Thanks in advance

#47793 Flashing Netduino Firmware using serial com?

Posted by Nym on 30 March 2013 - 05:51 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks Chris for that A+ answer, I see where my problem was because I was trying my production deployment technique in the development board which I was trying to flash it using serial meanwhile was USB powered and of course SAM-BA was fighting me to use such port. Now, in my pcb board the Atmel SAm7x chip is powered by my voltage supply circuit so no usb interface is in use and I should be more than able of flashing it using serial. Thanks for bringing that peace on mind, however I will keep posted my result to the community.

Nym

#47934 Flashing Netduino Firmware using serial com?

Posted by Nym on 02 April 2013 - 06:30 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi chris,

I cannot get the sam-ba see my custom board micro, I'm using the at91sam7x512-Au as the original Netduino, any hints here? Also, I didn't put a gold dot as netduino board to erase chip,instead I have a female header pins where I cross a jumper from 3.3V to that pins for few ms and then release it but I cannot get the pc to see after that. Any help troubleshooting this will be appreciate.

#47679 Flashing Netduino Firmware using serial com?

Posted by Nym on 28 March 2013 - 01:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Any hero  :unsure: ?????

#44065 Example of setting up Netduino custom PCB

Posted by Nym on 24 January 2013 - 12:57 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello all,

I have been looking into previous post about the step by step procedure to load a custom Netduino PCB. The idea is to have a consistent and clear instructions to load a custom PCB, derived from Netduino schematics, with appropriate bootloader and necessary framework to make c# run over. These two post talk about the subject but I can't find a final answer containing a complete walk-through, if there is one on existence, it would be nice to have it pointed out.

Previous Post:

http://forums.netdui...hl=+pcb +custom

http://forums.netdui...hl=+pcb +custom

How about adding an example of doing this to the Wiki?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.