Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

IcicleTrepan's Content

There have been 3 items by IcicleTrepan (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60134 Netduino 2 doesn't do anything but no errors

Posted by IcicleTrepan on 18 September 2014 - 01:15 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

So I just got a Netduino 2 and I was doing the initial test example (flashing the LEDs) that is on the getting started pdf.  I installed visual C# 2010 express and the .NET micro 4.1 and netduino 4.1.

So I was getting an error back about wrong version  when I ran the code and it turned out the Netduino required .NET Micro 4.2 so I downloaded and installed that.

So now at this point, I run the code and I don't get any errors but it also doesn't seem to do anything.  Even visual studio seems like it's going to go into debug mode and then it goes back to the regular edit mode and the run button is enabled again as though I didn't even start.

The only LED that is on on the board is the power LED which is glowing a solid white the entire time and I assume comms are working since I did get an error message the first time through saying the netduino had a newer firmware (4.2)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Do I have a bad board?

#60141 Netduino 2 doesn't do anything but no errors

Posted by IcicleTrepan on 18 September 2014 - 08:56 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello and thanks in advance for the assistance :)

I tried what you described above, and I do get the following:

Pinging... TinyCLR

#60157 Netduino 2 doesn't do anything but no errors

Posted by IcicleTrepan on 19 September 2014 - 10:32 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

just wanted to update - I upgraded firmware to latest and all relevant software on PC and everything is fine now.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.