mcinnes01's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

mcinnes01's Content

There have been 82 items by mcinnes01 (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#54136 Shield Base Firmware (beta 7)

Posted by mcinnes01 on 17 November 2013 - 10:27 PM in Netduino Go

Wow I can't believe I've only just found this thread and I'm surprised its so quiet on here :(

Good work Chris! Its nice to see work is happening on Go! Bus still :) 

I have been mad busy rewiring my house for hopefully what will be a netduino controlled system eventually (lots of work to go with what will be about 80 relays to control)

I will definitely have a play when I get a chance.

Can I ask for a little (or fairly detailed if you can) update on Go! Bus 2.0?

In notice there are some alpha features on there now, perhaps you could tell us where things like:

Where the SPI transport is up to

Support for multiple SBs

The generic firmware for STMs and the ability to flash from the N Go!

When the next release is due

Many thanks and keep up the great work

Andy

#54127 Raspberry Pi and dot Net MicroFramework

Posted by mcinnes01 on 17 November 2013 - 02:58 PM in General Discussion

I use VS2012 with no issue, you can get the 4.3 SDK from the downloads area.

Multiple versions of VS, .NET and the SDK should run happily together on the same PC. Just remember to target the correct version in your project.

hth

Andy

#56407 OutputExpander - How to Make a Netduino GO! Module

Posted by mcinnes01 on 25 February 2014 - 08:46 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Mark,

Just a thought, you may have seen the recent library hanzibal made for the MCP23S17. I was wondering if you have looked at the STM8L range?

These chips have 2 SPI buses.

This is a little beyond me, but I would love a dual MCP23S17 GO bus module.

What are your thoughts on the STM8L and is it possible to use both SPI buses, one for GO bus and the other for the MCP23S17s?

Many thanks

andy

#56177 Out of pins. Need advice on how to expand

Posted by mcinnes01 on 18 February 2014 - 09:05 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi,

I have a 32 port expander using 2 MCP23S17, I wonder if anyone has any examples of how to work with these chips and if anyone could confirm which netduino pins are associated with the following?

MOSI

MISO

SCK

CS

Many thanks,

Andy

#56185 Out of pins. Need advice on how to expand

Posted by mcinnes01 on 18 February 2014 - 11:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks that's great, would you power off the 5v or 3.3v rail? I am creating another stage after this of UL2803 to control some relays.

Out of interest, like the 595s are the MCPs prone to errors? For example with the help of Mario I used a stage to buffer the output of the 595s for long enough to reload the chip in case of errors, without affecting the output.

Many thanks

Andy

#56410 New: Netduino 4.3.1 SDK and VS2012+ support

Posted by mcinnes01 on 25 February 2014 - 10:24 PM in General Discussion

Hi Chris,

Is there any release for the netduino 1?

Also any news on one-wire for the netduino 1?

Many thanks,

Andy

#56416 New: Netduino 4.3.1 SDK and VS2012+ support

Posted by mcinnes01 on 26 February 2014 - 12:10 AM in General Discussion

Cheers Chris.

I look forward to it :)

#52328 New book: Netduino Home Automation Projects

Posted by mcinnes01 on 24 August 2013 - 08:21 PM in General Discussion

Ordered! Can't wait I am just starting a major home automation project so this could be useful, although my spark is quoting £11K for the infrastructure I want putting in place :o

#54270 Netduino Go! 4.3 firmware

Posted by mcinnes01 on 24 November 2013 - 02:50 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi,

Is there any news on the Netduino Go! 4.3 firmware?

Many thanks,

Andy

#54278 Netduino Go! 4.3 firmware

Posted by mcinnes01 on 24 November 2013 - 09:17 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Can we work with Netduino Go! in VS2012 or VS2013 currently?

Could you just go through what is required in terms of install, from the point of view of just having VS2012/13 installed and no NETMF or netduino sdk installed?

Can we still use 4.3 for standard netduino 1 with vs2012/13?

Many thanks,

Andy

#52089 Netduino Go Future

Posted by mcinnes01 on 11 August 2013 - 02:41 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris,

What needs to happen to get things like SD shields that use SPI and things like serial wifi modules to work with the shield base? Are these planned for the next release?

Are there going to be any interfaces for AGENT to work with GO!?

Cheers,

Andy

#52372 Netduino Go Future

Posted by mcinnes01 on 26 August 2013 - 05:22 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, does that mean we are likely to see perhaps an ethernet module this side of christmas which if I remeber correctly uses the STM32? Is there any update on how your testing is going in terms GoBus 1.5 running happily on the STM32?

Cheers,

Andy

#52128 Netduino Go Future

Posted by mcinnes01 on 13 August 2013 - 06:59 PM in Netduino Go

Cheers Mark!

It looks interesting, but sadly this will take the spi up on the shield base which I use for other things and with the lack of multi shield support this doesn't leave much scope ;)

#Subtext# I was also trying to provoke some interest from Chris and maybe a response?

#Off Topic# How was Manchester mini maker faire and where did you hear about it? I missed hearing about it till too late :(

Andy

#52329 Netduino Go Future

Posted by mcinnes01 on 24 August 2013 - 08:41 PM in Netduino Go

Is there any road map for go! bus 1.5 to be available in some form that will allow things like the ethernet module and multi shield base support, to come out before Christmas this year?

I'm fully automating my house in the next month and it would be great to have Go! as the core, using either ethernet or wifi on a shield base (serial), plus multiple shield bases for extra SPI, Serial etc etc and maybe since the plus 2 has it....the long waited 1-Wire support?

Andy

#52106 Netduino Go Future

Posted by mcinnes01 on 12 August 2013 - 09:45 PM in Netduino Go

Maybe a bluetooth module would inject the much needed interest back in to the netduino Go! project, by allowing it to piggyback off the energy that has been put in to Agent? It would drive interest both ways from people who have an Agent watch wanting to control hardware and people who control hardware wanting another interface device by using the Agent smart watch. I understand secret labs are working hard to make sure they deliver their more commercial product, Agent, for Christmas to all of us backers. Does this mean once the watch is up and the production line running, some energy will go back in to the Go! line? I really hope so, I can't wait to do something useful with my Go! :)

Andy

#56919 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by mcinnes01 on 19 March 2014 - 07:03 PM in Project Showcase

Hi,

Does anyone still have the code that was on this thread or any code to get the gainspan module working?

Many thanks

Andy

#56740 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by mcinnes01 on 10 March 2014 - 07:12 PM in Project Showcase

Hi 

Just wondered if this could work with the MiP library in order to use it on N GO! and standard netduino 1?

Also would it be possible to use MQTT with it?

Many thanks

Andy

#53190 N+2 communication with WebApi

Posted by mcinnes01 on 14 October 2013 - 12:47 PM in Project Showcase

Hi the link to the netduino code is broken?

#52130 N+2 communication with WebApi

Posted by mcinnes01 on 13 August 2013 - 07:21 PM in Project Showcase

I would love to see your code including the web api? Are you using signalR to update your page?

#56591 MIP tcp/ip stack running on Netduino mini !!

Posted by mcinnes01 on 02 March 2014 - 10:35 PM in Project Showcase

Ahh that makes sense now, that would be great I would definitely be interested in that :) 

#56584 MIP tcp/ip stack running on Netduino mini !!

Posted by mcinnes01 on 02 March 2014 - 09:23 PM in Project Showcase

Hi Hanz,

When I dig in to the payload that is used to populate the options hash table.

I see that for options._buckets[6].value there is an 8 byte array containing the values for both IP addresses.

This mean that in this line where bucket 6 is assigned to the ns, there is an invalid ip address being assigned.

I updated the packet handler, so I could see what was going on and it seems to now work correctly, so I think this is a bug?

/// <summary>
        /// Take care of a packet of DHCP stuff
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="payload"></param>
        public static void HandlePacket(byte[] payload)
        {
            //Debug.WriteLine("Handling DHCP packet");

// Check Transaction ID!
            if (transactionID == null || payload[46] != transactionID[0] || payload[47] != transactionID[1] || payload[48] != transactionID[2] || payload[49] != transactionID[3]) return;

// To determine the type, we need to find the magic cookie, then find option 0x35h
            // 02 == Offer, 05 == ACK, 06 = NAK
            var options = ParseOptions(payload);

//Debug.WriteLine("DHCP PKT");

if (options.Contains("53"))
            {
                //Debug.WriteLine("Rec'd DHCP OFFER - 1");

if (((byte[])(options["53"]))[0] == 0x02)  // Offer
                {
                    //Debug.WriteLine("Rec'd DHCP OFFER");

ushort ipHeaderLength = (ushort)((payload[14] & 0x0f) * 4);
                    PendingIpAddress = Utility.ExtractRangeFromArray(payload, ipHeaderLength + 38, 4);
                    if (options.Contains("54")) Adapter.Gateway = (byte[])options["54"];  // DHCP Server
                    if (options.Contains("6")) Adapter.DomainNameServer = Utility.ExtractRangeFromArray((byte[])options["6"], 0, 4); //DNS Server
                    if (options.Contains("6")) Adapter.DomainNameServer2 = Utility.ExtractRangeFromArray((byte[])options["6"], 4, 4); //Secondary DNS Server
                    if (options.Contains("1")) Adapter.SubnetMask = (byte[])options["1"];  // Subnet
                    if (options.Contains("3")) Adapter.Gateway = (byte[])options["3"];  // Router
                    if (options.Contains("58")) RenewTimer.Change((int)(((byte[])options["58"]).ToInt() * 1050), TwoHoursInMilliseconds); // Got a Renew time
                    if (options.Contains("51")) RenewTimer.Change((int)(((byte[])options["51"]).ToInt() * 750), TwoHoursInMilliseconds); // Got a Lease Time (I am using 750, so we renew after 75% of lease has been consumed)
                    Adapter.GatewayMac = Utility.ExtractRangeFromArray(payload, 6, 6);  // Initial gateway MAC.  Will get confirmed/updated by an ARP Probe

SendMessage(DHCP.Request);
                }
                else if (((byte[])options["53"])[0] == 0x05)  // ACK or Acknowledgement
                {
                    // Parse out the Gateway, DNS Servers, IP address, and apply set all the variables with it...

//Debug.WriteLine("Rec'd DHCP ACK");

if (options.Contains("54")) Adapter.Gateway = (byte[])options["54"];  // DHCP Server
                    if (options.Contains("6")) Adapter.DomainNameServer = Utility.ExtractRangeFromArray((byte[])options["6"], 0, 4); //DNS Server
                    if (options.Contains("6")) Adapter.DomainNameServer2 = Utility.ExtractRangeFromArray((byte[])options["6"], 4, 4); //Secondary DNS Server
                    if (options.Contains("1")) Adapter.SubnetMask = (byte[])options["1"];  // Subnet
                    if (options.Contains("3")) Adapter.Gateway = (byte[])options["3"];  // Router
                    if (options.Contains("58")) RenewTimer.Change((int)(((byte[])options["58"]).ToInt() * 1050), TwoHoursInMilliseconds);  // Got a Renew time
                    if (options.Contains("51")) RenewTimer.Change((int)(((byte[])options["51"]).ToInt() * 750), TwoHoursInMilliseconds);  // Got a Lease Time (I am using 750, so we renew after 75% of lease has been consumed)
                    Adapter.GatewayMac = Utility.ExtractRangeFromArray(payload, 6, 6);  // Initial gateway MAC.  Will get confirmed/updated by an ARP Probe

transactionID = null;
                    Adapter.AreRenewing = false;
                    Adapter.IPAddress = PendingIpAddress ?? Adapter.IPAddress;

Adapter.startupHold.Set();  // This will release the Adapter.Start() Method!  (if waiting)

Debug.WriteLine("DHCP SUCCESS!  We have an IP Address - " + Adapter.IPAddress.ToAddress() + "; DNS Server: " + Adapter.DomainNameServer.ToAddress() + "; Gateway: " + Adapter.Gateway.ToAddress());

ARP.SendARP_Probe(Adapter.Gateway);  // Confirm Gateway MAC address
                }
                else if (((byte[])options["53"])[0] == 0x06)  // NACK or Not Acknowledged!
                {
                    Debug.WriteLine("DHCP N-ACK");
                    transactionID = null;
                    Adapter.AreRenewing = false;

// We have failed to get an IP address for some reason...!
                    Adapter.IPAddress = null;
                    Adapter.Gateway = null; 
                    Adapter.GatewayMac = null;
                }
            }
        }

#56559 MIP tcp/ip stack running on Netduino mini !!

Posted by mcinnes01 on 01 March 2014 - 08:24 PM in Project Showcase

Hmm, same issue with google?

Erm does that mean my dns server isn't working correctly? I don't seem to have an issue on my laptop? Is there anything I can do to check/resolve this on a network level or could it be an issue with the driver?

One interesting thing I noticed was that when I edit the debug info to print out my dns server, it printed out the value of both the primary and secondary in one strange output:

Link is now up :)
Setting IP Address to 192.168.1.51
DHCP SUCCESS!  We have an IP Address - 192.168.1.51; DNS Server: 192.168.1.1.192.168.1.254; Gateway: 192.168.1.254
Updating Gateway Mac from ARP

This value came from:

Adapter.DomainNameServer.ToAddress()

#56589 MIP tcp/ip stack running on Netduino mini !!

Posted by mcinnes01 on 02 March 2014 - 10:13 PM in Project Showcase

Yep already on it on codeplex :)

My router is Thomson TG582n

I am running my own DHCP and DNS servers in server 2012.

TCP/IP is up and running, now just to see if it is possible to get the multi SPI to share with my MCP23S17s... Do you think it is possible?

Thanks for all help :)

Andy

#56556 MIP tcp/ip stack running on Netduino mini !!

Posted by mcinnes01 on 01 March 2014 - 05:59 PM in Project Showcase

I think that error was an issue with the address odata.netflix.com not returning a dns entry.

I managed to get an IP from my DHCP server:

Link is now up :)
Setting IP Address to 192.168.1.51
DHCP SUCCESS!  We have an IP Address - 192.168.1.51; Gateway: 192.168.1.254
Updating Gateway Mac from ARP

but get this error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in NetworkingService.dll

Additional information: Domain Name lookup for odata.netflix.com failed. 

Dropping 0 packet(s)
Packet Count is3: 0
1*** ERXRDPT: 0
1*** ERXWRPT: 1062
2*** ERXRDPT: 0
2*** ERXWRPT: 1062
Packet Count is4: 0
Packet Count is5: 0
3*** ERXRDPT: 0
3*** ERXWRPT: 1062
4*** ERXRDPT: 0
4*** ERXWRPT: 1062
4*** Setting Next Packet Pointer to: 0
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in NetworkingService.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in NetworkingService.dll
Additional information: Domain Name lookup for odata.netflix.com failed. 

#56565 MIP tcp/ip stack running on Netduino mini !!

Posted by mcinnes01 on 01 March 2014 - 09:56 PM in Project Showcase

Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.1

Name:    www.google.com
Addresses:  2a00:1450:400c:c03::67

Tried the first IP and it worked :)

Although this is great in terms of my netduino project, it means my network config has gone a little wrong. :(

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.