Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

pugtech's Content

There have been 18 items by pugtech (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#19380 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by pugtech on 18 October 2011 - 11:46 PM in General Discussion

Count me in please.

#18945 Watchdog timer

Posted by pugtech on 09 October 2011 - 05:18 AM in Project Showcase

I'm still unclear why the built-in WDT isn't supported. If it can't be enabled reliably, I hope they'll consider adding an external chip to a future version of the controller boards.

#19476 Modbus

Posted by pugtech on 20 October 2011 - 10:25 PM in General Discussion

CuteDigi has an RS485 shield that might help. I haven't tried one yet. http://www.cutedigi....roducts_id=4500

#17228 DS18*20 Temperature Sensor Auto Identity Circuit

Posted by pugtech on 29 August 2011 - 06:46 AM in General Discussion

If you're interested in daisy chaining your sensors, perhaps you could use DS28EA00 sensors. If you used I2C and a DS2482-800 8 channel master, each of your ports could be accessed directly.

#19838 Tried to update to 4.2 RC3 - getting mscorlib error

Posted by pugtech on 27 October 2011 - 03:52 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Followed these instructions to upgrade to 4.2.0.0 RC3 and SDKs. Erased and flashed to 4.2 RC3. http://forums.netdui...?showtopic=2768 http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx http://wiki.netduino...shx?HL=firmware http://forums.netdui...c3-all-editions When I start debug to load a simple program, I get: Cannot deploy the base assembly 'mscorlib', or any of his satellite assemblies, to device - USB:NetduinoPlus twice. Assembly 'mscorlib' on the device has version 4.1.2821.0, while the program is trying to deploy version 4.2.0.0 Where did I screw up? Thanks...Scott

#19843 Tried to update to 4.2 RC3 - getting mscorlib error

Posted by pugtech on 27 October 2011 - 04:11 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

That fixed it. Thanks again!

#19842 Tried to update to 4.2 RC3 - getting mscorlib error

Posted by pugtech on 27 October 2011 - 04:05 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I see where I went wrong. The SAM-BA worked but I selected the ER files from the default folder.

#19841 Tried to update to 4.2 RC3 - getting mscorlib error

Posted by pugtech on 27 October 2011 - 04:02 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

You're right. I have no idea how I managed that. I know at one point it responded as 4.2.0.0. I'll try again. Thanks!

#18823 .NET MF 4.2 RTM released

Posted by pugtech on 05 October 2011 - 08:20 PM in General Discussion

Is this ready to be loaded onto our Netduinos, or is there more work to do? Thanks...Scott

#17704 Newbie - List of supported classes

Posted by pugtech on 07 September 2011 - 03:42 AM in Visual Studio

Thanks for the quick response. No issues yet, I'm just getting started with .NET and C#. I have some Basic Stamp and ASP/VBSCRIPT experience. I read that VB is/will be supported but since most/all of the online examples are in C#, I'll take the opportunity to learn some of it. I just downloaded the Getting Started with the Internet of Things book so I'll start there.

#17700 Newbie - List of supported classes

Posted by pugtech on 06 September 2011 - 11:02 PM in Visual Studio

From reading these forums, I understand that the Netduino currently supports a subset of the classes (or are they called namespaces) that are provided in the current .NET Micro Framework. Is there a list? Is the NETMF API Reference the only thing I'm supposed to need? I think I'm missing something. Thanks...Scott

#19900 Writing to onboard flash

Posted by pugtech on 28 October 2011 - 05:05 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Is there a way to write configuration data to onboard flash from within my application? If not, is this an upcoming feature? I remember a previous thread about this but I can't find it. Thanks...Scott

#19903 Writing to onboard flash

Posted by pugtech on 28 October 2011 - 07:46 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Is simple storage part of RC3?

#20012 I2C examples in VB?

Posted by pugtech on 30 October 2011 - 07:52 PM in Visual Basic Support

Does anyone have any I2C examples in VB they would be willing to share? I'm trying to use a DS2482 1-Wire Master.

Thanks...Scott

#19844 My first VB exception

Posted by pugtech on 27 October 2011 - 04:54 AM in Visual Basic Support

I'm getting this error running 4.2 RC3 with VB 2010: A first chance exception of type 'System.NotImplementedException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Native.dll. I'm only executing one method:

Imports Microsoft.SPOT
Imports Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus

Module Module1
    Sub Main()
        ' write your code here
        Debug.Print("This is a test.")
    End Sub
End Module

It seems to work, but I would like to know what's wrong. Thanks...Scott

#19849 My first VB exception

Posted by pugtech on 27 October 2011 - 05:50 AM in Visual Basic Support

Yes. Thanks!

#18177 Reset the controller via software?

Posted by pugtech on 19 September 2011 - 04:00 AM in General Discussion

No, I hadn't. I tried randomly drilling down into the various namespaces in the API reference but didn't hit this one. Thanks very much...Scott

#18162 Reset the controller via software?

Posted by pugtech on 18 September 2011 - 09:25 PM in General Discussion

Is there a NETMF Method that causes a reset (like pushing the button)? I would like to press a switch to reset the controller, and press-and-hold the same switch to reset the IP address (similar to many home routers). Thanks...Scott

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.