Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Yves's Content

There have been 3 items by Yves (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#4462 Serial.read via USB? yu know like on the good ol Arduino.

Posted by Yves on 04 November 2010 - 04:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

JammerX19, Snympi:

Welcome to the Netduino community!

There are three new pieces of code required to get bi-directional comm up and running over USB.

USB/serial deployment selection:
Completed (part of the new v4.1.0.5 firmware)

USB HID C# library for PC and Netduino:
Completed

UsbClient update to Atmel .NET MF C++ code:
In development (Secret Labs + Atmel + Microsoft + community)

So we're most of the way there...but one piece to go. Once v4.1.0.5 ships next week, we'll be doubling down to coordinate the necessary fixes to enable a few different PC<->Netduino communication scenarios.

Chris

Chris,

This is great. Thank you for keeping us posted on this.

Yves

#3997 Serial.read via USB? yu know like on the good ol Arduino.

Posted by Yves on 19 October 2010 - 05:17 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Yves,

We've finished the code for the device and PC side, but we have two more pieces to go:
1. Tweaks to the Atmel USB code in the .NET MF to enable PC->device HID communciation
2. Code to enable multi channel communication from device to PC (speculative)

I don't have a timeframe, but it will take quite a bit of work to pull everything together. We're working on it, but it's second priority behind the v4.1.1 updates... I know that it will be a cool feature though...

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your responsiveness and for keeping the community updated. I will keep watching this post for more information. Yes this would be a very cool and useful feature indeed!

Yves

#3678 Serial.read via USB? yu know like on the good ol Arduino.

Posted by Yves on 09 October 2010 - 12:37 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Chris,

Do you have some kind of timeframe for the availability of the communication over USB? Just an estimate, nothing carved in stone of course ;)

By the way I am new to netduino and I am really excited about this platform.

Thank you,

Yves

Hi sweddle,

We're working on some USB communication options, but for now you'll want to use one of the 2 UARTs and a USB-to-UART cable (or use your Arduino as a USB-to-UART converter as you mentioned).

By default, the .NET Micro Framework uses the USB communication channel for deployment/debugging instead...

Chris

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.