Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

unt1tled's Content

There have been 1 items by unt1tled (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#15301 Temperature sensing fan control for an enclosed media cabinet

Posted by unt1tled on 10 July 2011 - 05:27 PM in General Discussion

Excited newb here. I'm working on ventilating my media cabinet with some netduino magic and a couple of laptop coolers.

I have two Rosewill Notebook Coolers that I'll be building into the base of the cabinet. They're each rated 5V, 0.25A.

Now I did manage to get the temperature sensor wired and working (awesome!), but I'm not quite sure where to begin with wiring up the fans.

• I'm guessing it's not a good idea to connect them both to the netduino's 5v pins because it's above the its current threshold?
  • If so, do I rather need to wire them up to a relay somehow? (Will this one do?)
  • If I use the relay, is a separate power source necessary, or can it share with the netduino? I was planning on using a FlipIT as a 5v power source.
  • Is there anything guide or anything else I need? I've read a guide on relays, but wasn't sure if that was superfluous to what I'm doing.
Any help will be appreciated!

Cheers

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.