Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Phil R's Content

There have been 3 items by Phil R (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#88 VS Templates missing

Posted by Phil R on 06 August 2010 - 04:09 AM in Visual Studio

Hi folks - I'm running VS 2010 Professional on Win7 Ultimate (VS 2008 is installed as well). After running the installer netduinosdk_32bit.exe, the Netduino templates won't show up in the "Micro Framework" category in VS's "New Project" dialog. Any ideas? Can I install the templates manually? Thanks & regards from Germany Phil

#100 VS Templates missing

Posted by Phil R on 06 August 2010 - 06:09 PM in Visual Studio

Very curious. Could you look in your "Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\Micro Framework" directory and see if NetduinoApplication.zip is there?

Ah - got it. First of all, my Documents folder is a library that actually contains two folders. Each folder contains the template folders, and actually I found the NetduinoApplication.zip file in one of them. But the real solution was even more simple: for some reason, the user project template folder in VS 2010 was still set to the VS 2008 folder location. Seems the installer doesn't take the template folder location from VS 2010's settings, but assumes the default location.

Problem solved, thanks - I'm looking forward to receiving my Netduino from Canada...

Phil

#1325 Sticking at "Preparing to Deploy Assemblies to the Device"

Posted by Phil R on 26 August 2010 - 01:36 PM in Visual Studio

Yep, I encountered this several times during my first tests yesterday. I'm using Win7 Ultimate on a Parallels VM and VS2010 Professional, if that is interesting. Phil

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.