Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Fabien Royer's Content

There have been 203 items by Fabien Royer (Search limited from 02-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#31789 [nwazet Touch Display Module Face Plates

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 July 2012 - 01:24 AM in Netduino Go

Thanks Chris :) You mean the wooden Apple 1 case? LOL!

#31785 [nwazet Touch Display Module Face Plates

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 July 2012 - 12:50 AM in Netduino Go

Hi there,

We just released face plates (black acrylic and bamboo) for our Touch Display module.
The plates provide protection for the edge connector as well as a hand rest when using the touchscreen.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_8171.JPG
  • IMG_8189.JPG
  • IMG_8185.JPG

#26900 [nwazet Touch Display Module - 3-Step Assembly Procedure

Posted by Fabien Royer on 11 April 2012 - 12:14 AM in Netduino Go

Hi emg,

can the touchscreen be used without a stylus

Sure. All you need to do is to display widgets large enough so that you can touch them with a finger :)

what font support does the screen provide?

The screen has the following built-in proportional fonts:

• dejavusans9
  • dejavusansbold9
  • dejavusanscondensed9
  • dejavusansmono8
  • dejavusansmonobold8
  • verdana14
  • verdana9
  • verdanabold14
With a firmware update, new fonts can be added too...

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#26893 [nwazet Touch Display Module - 3-Step Assembly Procedure

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 April 2012 - 08:23 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Mike,

I'm glad that you're up and running Posted Image

This is very cool though.

Wait until you see what we have in store specifically for the touch display module... Stay tuned! Posted Image

I just went and ordered more stuff from Nwazet!

...and I just shipped your new order.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#26825 [nwazet Touch Display Module - 3-Step Assembly Procedure

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 April 2012 - 02:15 AM in Netduino Go

Hi,

Here's a simple tutorial describing the 3-steps involved with assembling the [nwazet Touch Display Module.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#26902 [nwazet Touch Display Module - 3-Step Assembly Procedure

Posted by Fabien Royer on 11 April 2012 - 12:40 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Mike,

So.. you have to tell me - Has anyone at Nwazet ever connected 8 LCD touch panels to one Netduino Go?

LOL! Posted Image I'm afraid that the power supply on the netduino Go! would not let you draw that much unfortunately: the display draws ~85mA at rest (mostly the backlight) and ~126 mA @ peak. The resettable fuse on the Netduino Go! board will only let you draw up to 500 mA (limit imposed by the USB spec) before shutting down the board's power supply. Now, there's a way around it, but that's a discussion for another time ;-)

I can't wait to see what kind of fun things you're going to build with your display module...

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#28735 [nwazet Power Supply Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 May 2012 - 07:02 PM in Netduino Go

LOL! Merci Steve: le reste de ma journee sent la soudure ;-)

#29345 [nwazet Power Supply Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 17 May 2012 - 06:15 PM in Netduino Go

Aaaand...We're back! Our supplier came through and we're ready to ship the power supply module again.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#28829 [nwazet Power Supply Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 11 May 2012 - 03:27 PM in Netduino Go

@Matt

LOL Posted Image

We're making progress... Stay tuned.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#28727 [nwazet Power Supply Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 May 2012 - 05:31 PM in Netduino Go

We’ve got the power! (for your Netduino Go! projects that is): http://nwazet.com/power

Posted Image

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#28798 [nwazet Power Supply Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 11 May 2012 - 01:10 AM in Netduino Go

Hi,
I wanted to let folks know that we have hit a snag in the production of our Power Supply Module: the supplier we're using for the switch delivered the wrong part to us (see below). We're working with the supplier to get this issue resolved as soon as possible and we apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Posted Image

#29210 [nwazet Power Supply Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 15 May 2012 - 08:22 PM in Netduino Go

LOL!
Somehow, this solution didn't meet the quality bar that we have set for ourselves Posted Image

The good news is that we should have the switch issue resolved next week.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#30810 [nwazet Nutshell

Posted by Fabien Royer on 17 June 2012 - 08:40 PM in Project Showcase

Hi Chuck,

I am getting and error on the Button RoundedCornersStyle not declared. I am importing

You're likely using an older version of the Touch Display code

Check out, https://bitbucket.or...r/nwazet.go/src, and specifically: https://bitbucket.or...FTLCDTS/Imaging

Since you got your Touch Display, there have been a couple updates, including a firmware update that requires reflashing the display module The code generated by Nutshell makes use of the latest stuff.

Unless you can do it yourself, you should hold off on the latest version of the Touch Display code until Secret Labs makes their standard flash updater available though.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#30791 [nwazet Nutshell

Posted by Fabien Royer on 16 June 2012 - 11:50 PM in Project Showcase

We all know that designing a polished user-interface by crafting code can be a slow and tedious process. So, we created a visual design tool called Nutshell for our Netduino Go! Touch Display module: Nutshell offers access to most of the features supported by the Touch Display's API and generates the corresponding C# code on the fly for you.Just copy/paste the resulting code in Visual Studio when you're done!

You can use Nutshell without having to install anything since the tool runs JavaScript in your web browser.
You'll never go back to the old way of crafting a user interface on your Netduino microcontroller after you discover Nutshell Posted Image

Here's a tutorial showing how to build a screen in Nutshell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhpWrNJh_0k

Cheers,
-Fabien

#31827 [nwazet Medium-size mounting plate

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 July 2012 - 04:59 PM in Netduino Go

Hey Stefan,

You must have missed my other post about the Display Face Plates earlier :)
http://forums.netdui...le-face-plates/

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#31787 [nwazet Medium-size mounting plate

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 July 2012 - 12:55 AM in Netduino Go

Hi,

We just released a medium-sized mounting plate for your Netduino Go! projects.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_8175.JPG
  • IMG_8192.JPG
  • IMG_8158.JPG

#26667 [nwazet GO! Modules Source Code and Eagle Schematics on BitBucket

Posted by Fabien Royer on 07 April 2012 - 06:47 AM in Netduino Go

Hi,

I just opened the [nwazet repository on BitBucket.

There, you will find the C# libraries, the C drivers and the Eagle designs for the [nwazet Netduino GO! modules.

Enjoy!

-Fabien.

#29312 [nwazet Go! modules - update announcements

Posted by Fabien Royer on 17 May 2012 - 02:44 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Kevin,

I have a solution for you to get out of "Flashlight Mode" Posted Image
  • Connect STLinkv2 to your PC
  • Start STVP and configure it for the STM32F205xE chip
  • Load the .hex version of the Touch Display firmware from the repository here (I just added it for you)
  • Make sure you're on the "Program Memory" tab in STVP and hit CTRL+P (program current tab / active sectors)
That's it.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#32211 [nwazet Go! modules - update announcements

Posted by Fabien Royer on 18 July 2012 - 05:11 PM in Netduino Go

YIPEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Posted Image I got my lcd, received 8 days to toronto..

Good to hear :) Have fun!
-Fabien.

#28968 [nwazet Go! modules - update announcements

Posted by Fabien Royer on 13 May 2012 - 08:42 PM in Netduino Go

Hi,

I have updated the [Nwazet Touch Display firmware and the corresponding C# interface to support non-blocking touch event scanning.
In addition, there's a new 'Binaries' folder in the repository containing the release builds of our module firmware(s) and C# drivers.

For reference, here's the link to our BitBucket repository.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#28977 [nwazet Go! modules - update announcements

Posted by Fabien Royer on 13 May 2012 - 10:14 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Kevin,
Last week, Chris Walker mentioned that he would release a generic module flashing application this week.

If not, you can flash any STM8 / STM32 chips yourself using the following items:
Flashing procedure:
  • Plug the 3.3v line of the FTDI cable into the positive power rail of the breadboard
  • Plug the GND line of the FTDI cable into the GND rail of the breadboard
  • Plug in the breakout socket into the Go!Bus connector of the display
  • Connect the breakout socket as follows:
    • Pin 3 (module GPIO/IRQ) to the breadboard's 3.3v rail using a 1K resistor
    • Pin 10 (module GND) to the breadboard's GND rail
    • Pin 4 (module RX) to the Orange (TXD) line on the FTDI cable
    • Pin 5 (module TX) to the Yellow (RXD) line on the FTDI cable
  • Connect Pin 1 on the breakout socket to the breadboard's 3.3v rail last: the display will power up and you will see a white screen instead of the [nwazet logo, indicating that the Touch Display module is in bootloader mode
  • Using ST's Flash Loader Demonstrator and the 'NwazetDisplayModule.bin' from the \Binaries folder, you can now flash the STM32F205 chip with the new firmware (specify 512KB of flash).
  • Keep in mind that ST's utility can be a bit flaky at times and things may not work correctly on the first try. If that happens, it's OK. For instance, you may have to unlock flash pages explicitly from the tool. If something doesn't work, just remove power from the module, close the ST Flash Loader Demonstrator and start the procedure over.
  • You cannot brick the Touch Display module: the method I described will always put it back into bootloader mode. Just be careful with the polarity of the power you provide to the display and you'll be fine.
Here's what the setup looks like, although I'm using a different breakout socket in this instance:

Posted Image

Another method is to solder a 10 position FCI connector to the un-populated JTAG pads on the back of the Touch Display module and flashing the module using STLink-v2 from your favorite compiler from the firmware's source code or using ST's DFU utility using the binary version of the firmware.

...Or, you could just wait for Chris' firmware flashing application Posted Image

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#31826 [nwazet Go! modules - update announcements

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 July 2012 - 04:57 PM in Netduino Go

OK! I waitPosted Image

Hi Supra,

Sorry to hear that the USPS is keeping you waiting :/
As Stefan wrote, we ship orders the same or next day they're received.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#29118 [nwazet Go! modules - update announcements

Posted by Fabien Royer on 15 May 2012 - 05:47 PM in Netduino Go

Having spotted a forum post about this: http://blogs.msdn.co...neer-group.aspx

Does this mean that it may be possible to port your display firmware to .NET? Or am I totally wrong?

Regards,

Mike

Orrigional post: http://forums.netdui...o-the-stm32-f4/

Hi Mike,

I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Can you explain what you mean?

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#29119 [nwazet Go! modules - update announcements

Posted by Fabien Royer on 15 May 2012 - 05:53 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Jason,

Is there any chance of sending displays back for them to get reflashed to the latest-greatest?

Well, anything is possible :) If you're willing to take on the shipping charges for the round trip, I can help you out.
Having said that, this option does not scale and is costly. Secret Labs needs to deliver the module flashing application that the Go! community needs.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#32994 [nwazet Go! modules - update announcements

Posted by Fabien Royer on 02 August 2012 - 02:04 AM in Netduino Go

Yup... until Chris releases a module flashing procedure that works out of the box across all module types...

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.