Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

hanzibal's Content

There have been 386 items by hanzibal (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#51275 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 10 July 2013 - 01:02 AM in Netduino Mini

Sorry to hear that, is it possible to downgrade the module by installing factory firmware? I noted what you said about extending the cc3000 pads.

#51291 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 10 July 2013 - 06:40 AM in Netduino Mini

Wow, that is just so cool, you are a wizard! That was using the managed driver, yes?

#51266 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 09 July 2013 - 06:02 PM in Netduino Mini

I was simply thinking of the current draw (but used the wrong term) and given it's 3V3, it should be practically the same thing.

#51208 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 08 July 2013 - 02:14 PM in Netduino Mini

Sure, you'll all be able to have you're saying about it and yes, I can put the Eagle files on CodePlex or elsewhere later on. Just so that you know though, in couple of days I'll be going away for a week and I'm pretty sure the design won't be ready until after I get back.

#51200 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 08 July 2013 - 09:06 AM in Netduino Mini

Don't worry, I won't use anything smaller than 0805 or I can't solder by hand. I suppose the CC3000 will require re-flow but even so, placing will be done manually.

#51321 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 10 July 2013 - 11:42 PM in Netduino Mini

SmartConfig is rather nice. I got a couple of AirportExpress units and I could configure those from my iPhone without having them wired or even being on my wireless network. I'm not sure that is the exact same thing but I guess in essence. Finding that iOS app was almost too good, sometimes you are either lucky or happen to think the same way as others did. Ruling the universe is no biggy, it's simply a matter of wanting for the right things to happen :-)

#51590 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 20 July 2013 - 12:39 AM in Netduino Mini

Hi guys, I'm back from my holiday now and was looking forward to work on the PCB that I set out to do in Eagle, but... While I was gone, my commercial IO board launched so I need to attend to that in improving the software, writing docs, creating sample projects and so on. This means I won't have time to work on the PCB for a good while. I'll be happy to see someone else pick it up instead and since I didn't get farther than removing the mosfets, there's little point in me posting the Eagle files.

#55497 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 19 January 2014 - 10:37 PM in Netduino Mini

BTW, the monster dac is still playing just fine ... although now controlled by jremote from an ipad via an pc/usb. Like to have that changed into some embedded solution ... but with those rates .... do not know if that will work ... time will tell ....

Ah yes, any new pictures of that monster of yours?

The driver for my wifi module is far from complete, it can scan for nearby wlans, connect over dhcp and ping other hosts on the network. I'm currently working on the UART variant but will switch to the SPI version (PCB supports both) when I get the hang of it.

#55479 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 19 January 2014 - 10:15 AM in Netduino Mini

It's based on the RAK410 module, specs are here: http://www.rakwirele...0_Datasheet.pdf image.jpg To the left is a PeekyPokey used to explore the API since it's more conveniant to do directly from the PC. When I'm done, I'll move the code to the Netduino.

#52542 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 04 September 2013 - 08:04 AM in Netduino Mini

Ah, over air firmware updates - cool!

#52061 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 09 August 2013 - 08:46 PM in Netduino Mini

thx 4 the fish.

What, are you leaving this world for another planet so soon? ;-)

#51186 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 08 July 2013 - 05:26 AM in Netduino Mini

That is some great work there!

I saw your other post about LEDs and there will be plenty of time to change the design before manufacture.

#51146 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 06 July 2013 - 02:50 PM in Netduino Mini

Anyway, I started working in Eagle yesterday but didn't get much farther than removing removing mosfets and moving some passives closer to each other. Naturally, you'll get to give your input when I get something to show. Oh and also, I removed the proto area.

#50916 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 29 June 2013 - 04:16 AM in Netduino Mini

I think I just fried mine  :mellow: Seems pwr_en is ground and it's supposed to be an input...

#50976 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 01 July 2013 - 07:55 AM in Netduino Mini

your radio or host board?  I've flicked pwr_en high and low just fine, so maybe double check the wiring, maybe it's OK!

The radio, when trying to set the pwr_en input pin high by applying 3.3V to it, it seems to result in a short circuit.

#50911 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 29 June 2013 - 12:15 AM in Netduino Mini

Darn, I managed to submit twice so please disregard of this post.

#50910 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 29 June 2013 - 12:15 AM in Netduino Mini

Exactly, why on earth did they choose to add custom headers with 2mm pitch as an alternative to the special headers already being odd? I'll give it a try too, using SPI bit banging of my very own USB board as to challenge you all in this quest for fame and glory. Saddle up there, oh bretheren fore once again we shall ride blindly (and stupidly) into the unknown.

#50882 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 27 June 2013 - 08:48 PM in Netduino Mini

Sorry to hear that, have you tried the Texas E2E community?

They are very helpful and you usually get help directly from TI employees working within the very field in question. At one point they even called me on the phone and that without me having pretended to be a big shot with 1k+ units planned for production  ;)

#50988 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 01 July 2013 - 03:16 PM in Netduino Mini

I did try the dead chicken routine but nothing in particular happened (other than our old parrot arising from the dead which was kind of freaky btw).

I too have a Bus Pirate laying somewhere, still untouched since I use the scope instead, it works pretty ok for me.

Vdd is 3V3 but I might have accidentally applied 5V logic at some point effectively killing the pin (I'm using my own USB explorer board, not a Netduino).

Btw, are you also using the older TiWi-SL eval board from LS Research?

TiWi-SL.jpg

I soldered short wires onto pins 7 - 12 on both the J4 and J5 headers (and left all other pins unused), then stuck it down a regular breadboard.

#51072 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 04 July 2013 - 05:07 AM in Netduino Mini

@Valkyrie-MT: Great to learn you've joined this party!

I was under the impression those structures were actually pretty well documented.

http://processors.wi...Interface_(SPI) http://processors.wi...ogramming_Guide

...or am I missing the point here?

EDIT: At the time of writing, I noticed that the TI wiki seems to be having some problems but the links have worked before so it's probably just a matter of time before the problem is solved.

EDIT: Links are ok again  :)

#51139 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 06 July 2013 - 03:08 AM in Netduino Mini

Extremely off topic now: The triangle of binomial coefficients, a.k.a. the triangle of Pythagoras perhaps? But what about monday... EDIT: I'm so stupid, 29 as in your nick will go lay down now. A miscalculation, sleep well! EDIT: Nope, wrong again I think. I actually came to think about the tower of Babel and then found out about Ziggurat: http://en.wikipedia....urat_at_Babylon It was not until I saw the tower that I realized that your avatar depicts it. The number 29 according to the formula has probably something to do with the dimensions of the tower structure. This does not solve the riddle but interesting never the less. I have to give this some more thought and a bit of reading. I find these kind of things highly interesting. Sorry for all the off-topic stuff here guys.

#51138 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 06 July 2013 - 03:00 AM in Netduino Mini

Hmm...now I can't sleep trying to figure that one out :-)

#51092 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 05 July 2013 - 12:32 AM in Netduino Mini

Looks like a nice board!

Yeah, the 5 x MOSFETs translate to and from 3V3 and Arduino 5V respectively. For Netduino projects they're not needed at all but there are hex converters if Arduino compatibility is required. There are some alternative pin routing that can be omitted as well.

Personally I wouldn't be soldering stuff onto such a fairly expensive board so I would put a standard 0.6" DIP24 IC holder for you know what (with the corresponding pins routed) instead of that prototyping area.

I don't see a 2.1 mm barrel connector for external power and I'd like to be able to use an external antenna so a uFL connector could be added.

If you guys like, I could tinker with a slightly different board incorporating the modifications suggested above or differently if you think otherwise would be better. I'm no RF designer but the mods would be quite small except for maybe the uFL connector.

#51077 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 04 July 2013 - 08:38 AM in Netduino Mini

You can usually ignore those warnings, vendors typically stress such things on samples to maximize the probability of users achieving success in evaluating the part. I'm pretty sure you can leave the bag open for years and it will still work and yield an ok product for hobby purposes.

#50745 Spark Core (TI CC3000) Porting for Super WiFI Mini?

Posted by hanzibal on 23 June 2013 - 09:49 PM in Netduino Mini

A $20 wifi board is great value, especially for a single unit!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.