Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Omar (OZ)'s Content

There have been 37 items by Omar (OZ) (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18334 Where buy NetDuino PLUS in Brazil

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 22 September 2011 - 04:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Folks, you know tell me where to buy netduino plus in Brazil???

Thanks in advance!

http://www.netduino....uy/?pn=netduino there you can see the official sellers. I'm not sure which one would be best for you (as far as shipping costs go). Hope you find one that suits you :)

#25435 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 13 March 2012 - 01:11 AM in General Discussion

Well this is silly, edit system is acting up or chrome is failing. anyways, ignore the above statement, I managed to fit that thing in there. I will ship the box asap. Dan can you get me that address?

#25440 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 13 March 2012 - 02:55 AM in General Discussion

Oh boy, I may not want to open such a perfectly packaged box! Posted Image
Look forward to getting it!

It's alright, you have permission to open the box if you stop folding proteins ;)

#25434 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 13 March 2012 - 01:05 AM in General Discussion

For some reason I cant edit. I forgot to mention that in order to save space I will keep the box with some sort of data logger thing out of the BoCS, but if anyone wishes to get that, post here so I can put it back into circulation. Its kinda big and takes up too much room.

#25431 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 13 March 2012 - 12:48 AM in General Discussion

Can haz box! Small note before we get into the box, yeah I've been absent from the community for a bit, I'll be back to my regular presence when school lets go of my neck. I took out the big fancy stepper and the AMD CPU, which luckily enough fit in some mobo i had lying around. An interesting project will come from that, hopefully you shall see it soon. Picture of what I took - http://dl.dropbox.co...45/DSCN0322.JPG Now to the goodies you will find! I took a picture of the contents all laid out, find the fairly large image here: http://dl.dropbox.co...45/DSCN0341.JPG My contributions are (enclosed in red in the picture): Ziplock bags(All salvaged from a CRT monitor pcb.): caps resistors diodes and one with mosfets, inductors and some dip chip. Salvaged from an old printer are three pcbs, one of which is a funky big button pad, and three motors (2 steppers and one dc) Now to pack this all up as best as possible, OCD engage...

#16738 VB Example - Analog Inputs and PWM

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 15 August 2011 - 02:19 PM in Visual Basic Support

Hi
What is the max value for "SetDutyCycle(x)"

// Nizze

its 100... i think if you put in anything higher it just sets it to 100 because it wont throw an exception.

#16879 SNTP clock / RSS news reader

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 20 August 2011 - 06:19 PM in Project Showcase

wow very nice!

#32833 Seven Segment Display Demos

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 28 July 2012 - 03:51 AM in Netduino Go

First the odd public embarrassment... Matt did an awesome job with this module! Both the hardware and drivers are very very nice. Edit: I will add videos as I make more, to avoid spamming the forum with random little videos :) subscribe on youtube to catch them all! Code - Attached File  ComboLock.zip   119.74KB   16 downloads Code - http://sdrv.ms/MUeRa3 Let me know if i can clear something up, I'd be happy to help.

#32837 Seven Segment Display Demos

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 28 July 2012 - 06:34 AM in Netduino Go

I love the blinking digit! I feel like you're setting the time on a VCR(*).

Awesome.

Thanks for making and sharing this, Omar!

Chris

* History of old technology: videocassette recorder

haha yea i felt like it'd be a good way to indicate the digit being set. thanks chris!

#16918 SD Card not working

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 21 August 2011 - 02:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I think the SD card can be found at \SD rather than \\SD.

Regards,
Mark

You are correct, @"\SD\" is the same as "\\SD\\" but those two were mixed. I did give him some code which worked for me but it didn't work for him. So his SD card is bad, but that code is also bad. Good catch :)

#16891 SD Card not working

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 20 August 2011 - 11:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

In case you forget this is the one i used successfully http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VOU91U/ A note to others: when using your netduino plus avoid kingston cards.

#26297 Redacted 00101100

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 03 April 2012 - 04:05 AM in General Discussion

April 4th it is!! Can't wait to see whats gonna come out of Secret Lab's kitchen :lol:

#26204 Redacted 00101100

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 31 March 2012 - 06:32 PM in General Discussion

I hope it is th4 date 4/4. I really wanna know what thats about lol. How secretive of Secret Labs <_<

#31560 Oz-Solutions Tutorial: RGB LED

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 04 July 2012 - 06:50 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Guys,
I could use some help. We've built a netduino project similar to this one. But it doesn't work. I took this sample code and tried it too, doesn't work.

I grabbed a couple of AA batteries and put them in series to generate 3volts, then touched the contacts to my led to see if it's broken, and it works, but only if I reverse the polarity from what's in the diagram. What am i doing wrong?

I was connecting the negative side of the battery to longest lead (common) of the RGB LED. That won't light it up, but it will if I reverse the connection and put the positive to the common.

Have I done something wrong?
Rob

I think you've got a common anode LED. There is nothing you're doing wrong, just put the common lead into the 3V# instead of GND. this will also make it so SetDutyCycle(0) will turn them on, and SetDutyCycle(100) will turn them off. so its reversed.

#16133 NetduinoPLus - Hitting GPIO limitations

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 01 August 2011 - 01:31 AM in General Discussion

you could make a single pin analog keypad... like this http://www.instructa...eypad-Backpack/ to free up some pins from the 3x4 one

#16885 Netduino USB HID Touch Screen Keyboard

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 20 August 2011 - 08:50 PM in Project Showcase

Wow Omar, you put a lot of work into this! Shift lock? Hover effects (and key cancellation if you move off)?

Cool!

Chris

(yes)

thanks!

#16883 Netduino USB HID Touch Screen Keyboard

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 20 August 2011 - 07:20 PM in Project Showcase

This is a touch screen keyboard with most keys found on a regular keyboard. It is a USB touch screen keyboard powered by 4DGL code, .netmf USB HID code (uses my USB HID Keyboard class). This runs on the 32PT touch screen from 4D Systems, and a netduino. You can use the keyboard class without the screen. Attached File  Netduino Touch Keyboard.zip   165.82KB   211 downloads Here is the screen's code: Attached File  screen 4DGL code.txt   8.84KB   69 downloads Let me know if you find bugs.

#16325 Netduino USB HID Keyboard - Updated code

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 04 August 2011 - 01:21 PM in Project Showcase

I miss an episode...
Questions:
This project would let the Netduino app to read an USB-keyboard?
Was made with the official firmware? If not, could you provide the firmware for the Plus as well?
Thank you!

Sorry about that ^_^ not everyone is on the same page, my bad. I will update the details above...

EDIT:
I listed a few steps up there. I hope it helps. and just to make it clear, the netduino wont become a host (read keyboard data) it will become a client (be a keyboard).

#16317 Netduino USB HID Keyboard - Updated code

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 04 August 2011 - 11:46 AM in Project Showcase

Right now I am working on half of a redo in the key system. This feature will let you choose the key modifiers and let them stick. This is how it works as of now: Keyboard.SetModifier(Keyboard.Modifiers.Shift, false); Keyboard.SendString("test"); Will type "Test" Keyboard.SetModifier(Keyboard.Modifiers.Shift, true); Keyboard.SendString("test"); Will type "TEST" So the bool determines if the original modifier of a all of the character's is ignored (true), or just the first (false) So if you want to do a 'Find' you would do: Keyboard.SetModifier(Keyboard.Modifiers.Ctrl, false); // the false means that once the ctrl is pressed with the first key it will be released. Keyboard.SendString("f"); // or Keyboard.SendChar('f'); upper case wouldnt affect it either. and you can do interesting things like Keyboard.SetModifier(Keyboard.Modifiers.Ctrl, false); Keyboard.SendString("fThis is the string i want to find"); // find dialog will show up and "This is the string i want to find" will be typed. Thats all kinda confusing, but you'll see soon. Shift works as explained. Now i have to find the ctrl modifier to test that out ;)

#19415 Netduino USB HID Keyboard - Updated code

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 19 October 2011 - 10:37 PM in Project Showcase

Hi,

Thanks for this!

I'm not sure where the official repository for keyboard.cs is - but I added single and double quote support:

case 34:        // "
    cb = 52;
    mod = 0x02;
    break;
case 39:        // '
    cb = 52;
    break;

This is a great reference if there are any keys you need to add for your project: http://www.quadibloc.com/comp/scan.htm

Thanks Again!
Dan

Thanks for the contribution! I'll add it to the code when i get some time.

#16321 Netduino USB HID Keyboard - Updated code

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 04 August 2011 - 12:52 PM in Project Showcase

Now you can just press a key (it will be 'held down'). Since keyboards do repeat, the key will be repeated as a regular keyboard does. Things like shift can be 'held down' using the method described above. holding down of keys like the arrow keys might be useful for games.

#16315 Netduino USB HID Keyboard - Updated code

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 04 August 2011 - 09:36 AM in Project Showcase

Omar, would it also be possible to add something for combined combinations?

Yeah I am going to work on that. I just wanted to open it up now for people to play with and report bugs to me :) I don't think that the SendKey syntax will be implemented though, its a bit complex and would take a lot of parsing. I want to try and find an easier way to do it.

#16311 Netduino USB HID Keyboard - Updated code

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 04 August 2011 - 09:04 AM in Project Showcase

Here is a quick video of it in action.

This will make the netduino a USB HID, so the netduino will simulate a keyboard in this case.
To get your netduino ready for this:
1 Install firmware 4.1.1 http://forums.netdui...re-v411-beta-1/
2. Transfer to Serial deployment http://forums.netdui...b-and-com1com2/
3. Create a project and put the class in it, add the test code to your program's main method
4. Hook up a usb to serial like this: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9873 to your netduino's com1 or 2, which ever you chose while setting serial deployment
5. Change deployment in VS to Serial, select your com port
6. Power your netduino with a 9V battery or whatever, except usb. Deploy.
7. You need the code to run and set up the usb stream first, then connect your usb cable.

Class: Attached File  Keyboard.cs   16.63KB   241 downloads

Add a reference to:
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb

Sample use. As in the video.
            string setupResult = Keyboard.SetUp();

Debug.Print(setupResult);

if (setupResult != "Success")
                return;

while (true)
            {
                led.Write(true);
                if (button.Read())
                    Keyboard.SendString("/*\n" +
         "* Supported Characters (with this method):\n" +
         "* abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\n" +
         "* ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ\n" +
         "* 0123456789\n" +
         "* enter escape backspace deletethis\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b \ttab   space\n" +
         "* - = [ { ] } \\ | , > . < / ? ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( )\n" +
         "*/");
                led.Write(false);
                Thread.Sleep(2000);
            }

Projects using the netduino as a keyboard coming sometime soon. I want to make a mouse class next.

I found this:
/* Custom USB HID Communication Device
* Copyright © Secret Labs LLC. All Rights Reserved.
* Licensed under the Apache 2.0 open source license
*/
in the original code from the USB HID example. I added that I expanded it. I am not big on licenses, but I think I must add it to my code as well. License info here: http://www.apache.or...ICENSE-2.0.html

#26613 Netduino GO! New Video Series

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 06 April 2012 - 04:35 AM in Netduino Go

I promise I am not a zombie, I've been alive all along! Older members here might already know me, but for the new people (many of which I have yet to 'meet'): I am Omar, a curious teenage programmer, and I am back to making netduino videos! Hopefully on a regular basis again :) Here it is, the first of many to come:

#16590 Netduino and a touch screen as input interface

Posted by Omar (OZ) on 10 August 2011 - 10:18 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello, as title, i need a 2,5" - 3,5" netduino compatible touch screen (with drivers) that act as input interface.
For example, at this moment on my netduino i've connected 16 realys and 2 74hc595 shift registers. All work well, i can act all i want relays (thanks to Stefan 74hc595 drivers) but now i have only output (yes and only one onboard input button), so i need input ... :D and if is possible this inputs must be virtual buttons (designed on touch screen) that acts my ralays. Exists this touch screen i need? where i can find and buy it? Thank you ;)

The company 4D Systems has a few serial touch screens. http://www.4dsystems...au/products.php . I've used this one: http://www.4dsystems...prod.php?id=114 and I'm happy with it. It can be used with serial commands or programmed with 4D's 4dgl language. You can read about it, and see if it works for you. If you need help with it, I'd be glad to help.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.