Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

boiacchi's Content

There have been 9 items by boiacchi (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58088 Software watchdog for netduino mini

Posted by boiacchi on 13 May 2014 - 12:16 AM in Netduino Mini

Hi,

after reading this post I understand that it is possible set up a watchdog programmatically (Netduino 2 +  > 4.1.2 )

I was wondering if there is something similar for the Netduino Mini

Thanks

#57871 NetDuino Plus trying to connect to internet

Posted by boiacchi on 01 May 2014 - 12:12 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Guys,

I have fixed it. I was using MDDeploy 4.3 while the netduino plus was on 4.2. I have installed the netduino SDK 4.2 and it worked!

In regards internet connection I have manually set the ip address along with the subnet mask  and it worked too!

Please contact me if you step in the same issue and I'll try to help you

#57858 NetDuino Plus trying to connect to internet

Posted by boiacchi on 30 April 2014 - 08:10 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi All,

it is the first time that I'm using a Nedtuino Plus (I used the basic one ) and I was try to see if I can perform a Web Request call from it. To Achieve tried to ping www.google.co.uk and get the response back using the code below:

HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("http://www.google.co.uk");
        using (WebResponse response = request.GetResponse())
        {
            StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream());
            string responseText = reader.ReadToEnd();
        }

When I debug it the code throw an exception when try to get the response but unfortunately it does not return much details.

My first thought has been : Is the board properly connected to internet ?

I'm using am Asus portable Router (WL-330n) which is correctly connected to my home WI-FI.

I have connected the netduino plus to it but it does not work.

I was trying the procedure showed here to change the network settings but when I try to update it returns "  unable to erase configuration sector memory"

I have already tried the procedure here but is does not work.

Any help please :-( ??

Thanks

#58057 Netduino mini + WiFi

Posted by boiacchi on 11 May 2014 - 09:59 PM in Netduino Mini

Hi I need the nedtuino mini to connect to the Wifi to call a webApi on internet.

How can I achieve that?

What is the cheapest module that I can use with the mini to connect to internet?

Thanks

#58006 How can I check that there is internet connection?

Posted by boiacchi on 08 May 2014 - 10:23 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi,

how can I check from the Netduino plus that there is an internet connection available?

At the moment I'm using the below code

var request = (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create("http://www.google.co.uk");
                    response = (HttpWebResponse) request.GetResponse();
                    if (response.StatusCode == HttpStatusCode.OK)
                    {

//there is internet
                    }

#57988 Commercial Product using Netduino - not competitive

Posted by boiacchi on 07 May 2014 - 10:16 AM in General Discussion

Thanks you all guys!

#57967 Commercial Product using Netduino - not competitive

Posted by boiacchi on 06 May 2014 - 03:36 PM in General Discussion

Hi,

I have done some research to understand if the netduino it is suitable to build up commercial products and I have understood the netduino it is not the best choice for that.

I think netduino is the best choice for those who want to build little device in their spare time  (hobby) rather than designing something that can potentially be sold as a commercial product. 

The problem is mainly the cost. A device based on netduino cannot cost less than the netduino itself which would make your product not price competitive considering that there are arduino base product running on a 5$ PIC.

I think netduino can be the right choice to build a prototype because it is very simple to program and debugging but for commercial products the price must be as low as possible.

My question is what would be the best approach in the case I want to use the micro-framework to produce something that has been "prototyped" using netduino (which should not cost more than 10$) ?

#57971 Commercial Product using Netduino - not competitive

Posted by boiacchi on 06 May 2014 - 05:46 PM in General Discussion

Thanks for your answers guys.  :D

If it is not possible to meet my goal ($10) which would be the cheapest solution? could you drive me to any electronic manufactures that may help me to produce a low cost netduino/micro-framewrok based board?  :ph34r:

#57872 Calling HTTPS webapi's using NetDuino

Posted by boiacchi on 01 May 2014 - 12:15 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

A quick question. Does netduino support SSL ? I need to call a WebAPI that required network credentials to be passed along the request but it seems that is is not supported.

Any help ?

Thanks

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.