Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Kamal's Content

There have been 2 items by Kamal (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60537 Automated greenhouse

Posted by Kamal on 24 October 2014 - 08:09 PM in Project Showcase

Hi ShVerni, thanks for your feedback. Actually, I had seen your garden post before and that is what got me inspired again to really get into this again. I have included the link to your post in the resources section and will most likely be using some of your stuff for my own garden.

Thanks!

Kamal

#60520 Automated greenhouse

Posted by Kamal on 23 October 2014 - 03:08 PM in Project Showcase

Hi All,

First the disclaimer. :) While I have dabbled in Netduino and IoT stuff in the past, I am by no means an expert. However, I am willing to learn and try new things. I've been very interested in building a "modern, high-tech" greenhouse for a while and now am taking the plunge in making that happen and would love your help.

I would like to find out from you what would your must-haves be if you were building something like this.

It doesn't matter if you are not into gardens or greenhouses. Perhaps you are into controlling lighting, temps, ponds, etc. What have you used for your projects that will fit in the Considerations list below? I do have a limited budget but don't let that stop you from making suggestions, both over the top and practical. It might be helpful to someone else following this thread. 

Goals

• To build a modern, automated greenhouse.
  • Document and share my progress, parts/tools used, costs and pitfalls encountered.

Parts (will be updated as I obtain them)

Considerations (am I missing something that I should include?)

• Grow lights and lighting control.
  • Water reservoir and flow control to plants.
  • Power supply (ideally solar).
  • Sensors.
  • Temperature control.

Resources

OK, making this post is the first step in my journey to accomplishing this. No turning back now. :) I would be very appreciate of your assistance in helping me, along with others who will be able to benefit from my discoveries here.

Sincerely,

Kamal

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.