Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

idlegoose007's Content

There have been 2 items by idlegoose007 (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64226 Mini 2?

Posted by idlegoose007 on 04 October 2015 - 06:14 AM in Netduino Mini

Thank you TechnoGuy for your input. Why do you believe the form factor of the Mini is dead?

The smaller size of the Mini inherently comes with limitations when compared to the 2,2+,3, etc... I am using the Minis for trivial operations that a larger (Netduino 2, 2+,3) board will just be physically in the way, as the clearance is not much bigger than the Mini. The best analogy I can come up with at the moment is having a Michelin 3 star restaurant making a PBJ (i'll leave the 5 stars for the desktops)... it would probably be the best PBJ ever but the price and overhead is just a tad too much, plus the kitchen is too big to fit in,... say a picnic basket?! I hope this helps clarify my reason for the OP.

#64217 Mini 2?

Posted by idlegoose007 on 03 October 2015 - 05:43 PM in Netduino Mini

Is there a time table on when a new version of the Mini might/will be available or future production run of the current? I am having trouble finding Minis, I bought the last two from Mouser last month and I know I will need more in the future as the product is still in prototyping/development. The build requires 3+ Minis depending on requirements of client. The size and capabilities of the Mini are a huge influence/requirement. I know there are other .Net platforms around the same size, I would prefer to use a Secret Labs (Netduino) product.

If anyone has input on the other devices not made by Secret Labs, as I have not ventured using them, please let me know your thoughts about them.

Thanks for the input,

IdleGoose

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.