Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

samjones's Content

There have been 103 items by samjones (Search limited from 17-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#38151 How to work on out of memory errors?

Posted by samjones on 29 October 2012 - 02:44 AM in General Discussion

Samjones et al, did you manage to solve your OutOfMemory issue?

Miha,

No, sorry. I gave up on SD writes because it was not critical to my project.

Sorry!

#29013 ETA for 4.2 ? .. seems kinda quiet...

Posted by samjones on 14 May 2012 - 02:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I don't think it's quiet around 4.2; just 4 days ago a brand new firmware is posted:
http://forums.netdui...-netduino-plus/

You're right. What I did was come to the forum, and not see any top of the list threads related to 4.2.... so it "sounded" quiet to me.

#28982 ETA for 4.2 ? .. seems kinda quiet...

Posted by samjones on 14 May 2012 - 01:01 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Any known schedule on 4.2? I have parked my project pending better dhcp... would like to get back into it!

#28371 Does ngo have unique serial no that can be read from code?

Posted by samjones on 01 May 2012 - 02:34 AM in Netduino Go

Perhaps we could create a class/method which exposes this? Or expose it via one of the built-in NETMF classes?

Please make it easy to see via NETMF, and make it portable across netduino +, GO, etc.

This would rock!

#28369 Does ngo have unique serial no that can be read from code?

Posted by samjones on 01 May 2012 - 02:32 AM in Netduino Go

I was looking for this kind of identifying feature on the Plus.

On the plus I use the enet MAC... works great!

#28367 Does ngo have unique serial no that can be read from code?

Posted by samjones on 01 May 2012 - 02:32 AM in Netduino Go

I think that being able to uniquely identify any Netduino chip would be a common need for a few people - how about a generic static property across all Chips?

Yes!

#28366 Interesting performance thread over at TinyCLR

Posted by samjones on 01 May 2012 - 02:23 AM in Netduino Go

And here I thought I was the oldest poker on this board.... I was bootstrapping Imsai 8080 ( http://en.wikipedia....wiki/IMSAI_8080 ) as a ten year old from the front panel, and loading the BASIC interpreter Bill Gates wrote from paper tape. Fantastic bunch of fogeys around here!

#27956 Ethernet never works if not connected on boot up?

Posted by samjones on 23 April 2012 - 06:21 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Kluger's work explains why I've had no trouble: my code starts the router and then idles. It is the network availability event that causes my code to attempt to connect a socket. And therein, I suppose, lies a reasonable workaround: don't try to use the network until it is ready.

Arbiter,

I almost follow you.... but not quite!

How do you test:

a) For physical connection (e.g. that enet port is plugged into a powered up hub)
and
B) For ip connectivity to the net

Code samples very welcome!

Thanks!

#27955 Ethernet never works if not connected on boot up?

Posted by samjones on 23 April 2012 - 06:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The whole point to purchasing/using the Netduino+ was for it's ethernet port. If that is not rock solid and robust (or at the very least reliably recoverable) it makes it pretty much a 'toy' and difficult/impossible to use for any serious application.

+1

#27498 Does ngo have unique serial no that can be read from code?

Posted by samjones on 17 April 2012 - 10:49 PM in Netduino Go

The ND+ has a great stealth feature: The MAC is like a unique board identifier, and I can read it in code.... Does NGo allow me to read the cpu SN or such from code?

#27497 How to do networking on the Go?

Posted by samjones on 17 April 2012 - 10:48 PM in Netduino Go

The ND+ is sooooo cool because it has embedded enet.... I do not see how to do enet/wifi on ngo?

#27463 Ethernet never works if not connected on boot up?

Posted by samjones on 17 April 2012 - 04:36 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

@mattcro This is consistent w my experience on released 4.1 on ND plus

#25977 Error : An error has occurred: please check your hardware. ... ack!

Posted by samjones on 26 March 2012 - 12:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris, Thx a ton. So I went to do your steps... and before even starting your steps, everything just worked... happy, but ack....!

#25974 Error : An error has occurred: please check your hardware. ... ack!

Posted by samjones on 25 March 2012 - 07:40 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

OK, so my netduino's miss me? I have been working on the electronics side, and have just returned to the netduino side code. Annd, VS won;t talk to netduino! mfdeploy connects fine. Using all the released 4.1 stuff On a machine I have used for this work from the start Tried with three different netduino boards. Given that the problem spans boards, reflashing boards seems wrong (for multiple reasons). Soooo, it must be on my machine? - reinstalled netduino 4.1 sdk from http://netduino.com/downloads/ - rebooted (couple of times) - rebooted the netduino board - checked that mfdeploy is happy --- Yes, I always exit mfdeploy prior to starting VS Now what? (The only suggestion I have seen is to copy into a new project, but that is both a hassle and unneeded, as this is a working project under version control.) Thanks!

#25684 How much current can I draw from micro USB ?

Posted by samjones on 18 March 2012 - 06:21 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am working out how to power a few devices and have a question... If I power netduino w/ 800ma 5v source on the 5v header, and I have a usb device that needs power: - a ) Will the micro-usb socket on the netduino provide 5v? - b ) How much can I draw on the micro-usb? Thought I would ask first,,, before cooking something! Thanks!

#25683 Checking in: Status on 4.2 ?

Posted by samjones on 18 March 2012 - 06:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

very cool stuff! I may have to try it RSN... need working dhcp...

#25670 Checking in: Status on 4.2 ?

Posted by samjones on 18 March 2012 - 05:31 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Looked around for a sticky thread on 4.2... don't see one (so forgive me if this is covered elsewhere). What is up w 4.2? thx!!

#24842 How much current can I draw from the 5v header pin?

Posted by samjones on 29 February 2012 - 02:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris, Thank you, will work in that direction! Question: The netduino is speced at a 7.5v min input. If I use a 5v or 6v regulated psu, can I put that into the barrel connector?

#24789 How much current can I draw from the 5v header pin?

Posted by samjones on 28 February 2012 - 05:28 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris, I understand the 200mA limit on the io pins. It sounds like on the 5v header pin, I could do 200-350mA ? (e.g. to power a small wifi bridge) ? As I understand it, the netduino plus board itself max draw is 200mA. So is the following warm? 9v, 600mA PSU to netduino input 350mA load on 5v header pin Couple small devices hanging off of other pins, drawing 50-150mA total Warm?

#24786 How much current can I draw from the 5v header pin?

Posted by samjones on 28 February 2012 - 05:02 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am looking at: http://www.netduino....oplus/specs.htm and don't see the answer to this question: How much power can I draw from the on 5v header? (I guess the same goes for how much can I draw from the 3.3v header?) I see the specs say "microcontroller max current: 200 mA total" Does that mean the whole netduino plus board will never draw more than 200 mA ? Thanks!

#24630 Any success stories with Cellular, SM5100B or other?

Posted by samjones on 23 February 2012 - 11:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I second the motion by Arbiter, and would also participate in a kickstarter initiative, but I would add to the list for the documentation:

5. Demonstration http server (serve a single "hello world" html that can be in code)
6. Demonstration http client that does a GET from a weather or other simple url that returns a dynamic value and outputs this to debug.print

#24588 If needing to purch 10 or 20 boards, can we purch direct?

Posted by samjones on 23 February 2012 - 03:06 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Sure thing. I will have more info regarding watchdog for you in a few weeks... Stay tuned.

That is the best news I have heard this week!

Thank you!

#24577 If needing to purch 10 or 20 boards, can we purch direct?

Posted by samjones on 22 February 2012 - 11:26 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Chris, Thanks for the perspective. We will look at all of the above, of course, before taking action. The netduino plus board (what we use) plus all the other gizmos (wifi bridge for $35, case, psu, other parts, cables) adds up to higher than ideal for our whole device. So I am researching options. Side note: Can we contact you directly RE watchdog in 4.2?

#24573 If needing to purch 10 or 20 boards, can we purch direct?

Posted by samjones on 22 February 2012 - 09:50 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Chris, Thanks. Waah! (Was hoping to get a better discount direct.) I guess the question is: If we need (N x 10^2) or more boards, do we end up netting out building our own board? (When we would rather purchase at cost + % from secret labs and avoid the engineering effort.)

#24568 If needing to purch 10 or 20 boards, can we purch direct?

Posted by samjones on 22 February 2012 - 07:35 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Looking to see if secret labs will sell direct in qty. thx!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.