Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Freeman4gu's Content

There have been 17 items by Freeman4gu (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18867 Cheap remote control on Netduino

Posted by Freeman4gu on 06 October 2011 - 12:03 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hallo Freeman.
What kind of remote control are you looking for?
I mean that you should decide:
how many buttons?
how many joysticks?
how far should be the remote controller from the server?
has to be bidirectional?
has to be working also through "shields" (e.g. walls)?
any constraint about the usage (e.g. RF-emissions, heavy-noisy environs, battery duration, etc).
etc.

Cheers

It should not be an IR Control. I would need that control for long and short range in different projects. But couldn't find anything like that. :(

So I hope you can help me.

I am interested in all types of controls, but it have to be wireless ;)

#18849 Cheap remote control on Netduino

Posted by Freeman4gu on 06 October 2011 - 08:51 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hey there,

it's some time gone since my last visit. But I finished building my RepRap 3D printer (sry in German) :) and now I want to create a little robot with netduino :)

Are there any tutorials on how to use and implement a remote control in a cheap way? ;)
What do you suggest? I read about using the PS3 Controller with a bluetooth dongle? Or do I better use the standard 2.4Ghz remote control? Where can I get cheap controls and receiver?

Hope this are not to much questions. But it would be nice if any of you got experience in this and can help me :)

Best regards,
Freeman

#17154 control dc motor with dual motor driver

Posted by Freeman4gu on 27 August 2011 - 11:37 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Ok a friend of me got that chip working on his fez panda 2, so i will try that with his motor driver, maybe my one is defect, i give you a response in the next days

#17153 control dc motor with dual motor driver

Posted by Freeman4gu on 27 August 2011 - 11:17 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I tried it with both 3.3V and 5V - made no difference. I use PWM setdutycicle = 100 or setpulse(10000,70 + i) and increased i all 2 sec 100 points all gnd are connected internally, i can use an empty gnd and vcc or vm ;) with different speed

#17112 ESC - Code Problem

Posted by Freeman4gu on 26 August 2011 - 03:09 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Yeah I know, I also have no Traxxas one ;) but works :P I really didn't understand the whole code yet, so I used this at the moment.

#17096 ESC - Code Problem

Posted by Freeman4gu on 26 August 2011 - 12:52 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks!! Well i have seen that code but i still got problems :/ using an arduino of a friend of me i hear the beeps!! but using the netduino nothing. Of course am a beginer!!

Hey the other tread is from me ;) in my case you had first to set the throttle of the esc to 100% and then connect the esc and motor (esc and motor should not get any power input before), then set throttle to 0%. After that your esc should sound correct and you can control your motor ;) then set throtte to 20% to begin ^^

Don't know which motor you have, but start only with 20%, else this can happen:

WP_000076.jpg

public static void Main()
        {
            OutputPort esc = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D0, false);
            OutputPort relais = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D1, true);
            InterruptPort button = new InterruptPort(Pins.ONBOARD_SW1, false, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptNone);
            SpeedController xl5 = new SpeedController(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5, new TRAXXAS_XL5());

#region initiate esc & motor
            // set max throttle
            Debug.Print("waiting");
            while (button.Read())
            {
                if (xl5.Throttle != 100) xl5.Throttle = 100;
            }

// activate esc
            Debug.Print("activate esc");
            esc.Write(true);
            Thread.Sleep(500);

// activate motor
            Debug.Print("activate motor");
            relais.Write(false);

// set min throttle
            Debug.Print("set throttle min");
            if (xl5.Throttle != 0) xl5.Throttle = 0;
            Thread.Sleep(5000);
            #endregion

bool end = false;
            bool oldspeedup = button.Read();
            DateTime dt = DateTime.Now;
            int i = 1;
            while (true)
            {
                //if (!buttonInput.Read()) break;
                bool speedup = !button.Read();
                if (oldspeedup != speedup && speedup & end) break;
                if (speedup)
                {
                    Debug.Print("speedup");
                    end = true;
                }
                if (speedup && xl5.Throttle != 20 + (i * 2)) xl5.Throttle = 20 + (i * 2);
                if (!speedup && xl5.Throttle != 0) xl5.Throttle = 0;
                oldspeedup = speedup;

if (DateTime.Now > dt)
                {
                    dt = DateTime.Now.AddSeconds(3);
                    i++;
                }
            }

Debug.Print("deactivate relais");
            esc.Write(false);
            Thread.Sleep(500);
            relais.Write(true);
            xl5.Throttle = 0;
        }

#17092 control dc motor with dual motor driver

Posted by Freeman4gu on 26 August 2011 - 11:16 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

everything is set in this way ;) that older post was wrong

#17090 control dc motor with dual motor driver

Posted by Freeman4gu on 26 August 2011 - 10:01 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hey again ;)

I found a good instruction on that motor driver. It is all connected like on that diagram. But it won't work.

When I connect VCC with GND then the motor becomes faster or slower, but if I connect the motor with ao1 and ao2 nothing happens.

Photo_76A7F664-8F4C-5A52-9DE1-66D8E6E98BF5.jpg

I am soooo frustrated :(

UPDATE: I missed to connect the GND to the netduino. Now it is done this way an now nothing works for me :( even on VCC and GND.

#17057 control dc motor with dual motor driver

Posted by Freeman4gu on 25 August 2011 - 02:50 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Ok I will try that. But I think that there should be no problem with supplying the motor over netduino. I connected my brushless motor in the same way (max. 47A) and it worked without problems and the motor for that current driver has only 0.06A ^^ But doesn't matter, I will try that like you described and solder the wires :) Hopefully it will work.

#17047 control dc motor with dual motor driver

Posted by Freeman4gu on 25 August 2011 - 07:23 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

At the moment I connected my battery pack to the netduino. VCC and STBY are on that 5V pin and VM is on VIn (9.6V) pin of netduino. GND are all connected to netduino. Maybe I solder this evening every wire to that board to avoid problems with shorting or loose connections.

#17021 control dc motor with dual motor driver

Posted by Freeman4gu on 24 August 2011 - 07:03 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Damn it :( that driver isn't working :( maybe you could help me again, i attached a picture of my current connections, but the same problems. if i connect my battery pack on vm the chip gets very hot after seconds all grounds are connected, on vcc I connected 3.3V, on vm I connected VIn from netduino. motor is connected on ao1 and ao2. rest stays the same ^^ WP_000074.jpg

#17007 control dc motor with dual motor driver

Posted by Freeman4gu on 24 August 2011 - 07:15 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Oh I see, just to stupid ;) I connected the 9.6V 1.1A on VCC instead of VM. That's the problem why it was getting this hot! Ok I will try that this afternoon :) Hope this helps, thank you for your replies :) @AJB: I found already a class for that motor driver, I will try that first (seems to be very easy), if that doesn't work, would it be really nice if you can help me ;) I already thought about publishing an motor api on the wiki. A few days ago I connected a brushless motor via esc on netduino and that works great :) The wiki is not that big yet. Interesting for me is also connecting an expansion board with more pins on netduino and connecting a touch display :)

#16992 control dc motor with dual motor driver

Posted by Freeman4gu on 23 August 2011 - 09:31 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello, it's me again :)

This time I tried to control an dc motor with an TB6612FNG dual motor driver.

I am not sure if I connected the motor in the right way. Maybe one of you could check that.

List of connections:
- OutputPort (true) on AIn1
- OutputPort (true) on AIn2
- PWM (setdutycicle = 100) on PWMA
- OutputPort (true) on STBY
- 5V on VCC (or VIn of Netduino)
- GND on GND ;)
- Motor 5V on AO1
- Motor GND on A02

It seems that there is anything wrong. If I connect my VIn from my battery pack with VCC the chip of the motor driver gets very hot :(

Would be nice if any of you could help me ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• WP_000073.jpg

#16877 [Netduino] How to use radio remote control?

Posted by Freeman4gu on 20 August 2011 - 05:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hey there, is there any tutorial to connect a receiver of an radio remote control to an netduino? Or is there any breakout board to get the input? My plan was to buy a simple 4 channel 2.4Ghz sender and receiver and connect them to my board. It would be nice if I only need one pin per channel and get values between -100 and 100. Hope you can help me ;)

#16869 control brushless motor (+ controller) with pwm

Posted by Freeman4gu on 20 August 2011 - 09:33 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

wohooo i made it :) works fine, thank you for your help

#16845 control brushless motor (+ controller) with pwm

Posted by Freeman4gu on 19 August 2011 - 04:46 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

ok so far I got some help in the chat :) there are already a library for esc :) http://forums.netdui...ino-esc-driver/

#16843 control brushless motor (+ controller) with pwm

Posted by Freeman4gu on 19 August 2011 - 04:18 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello,

I am new to that hole electronic world and at the moment I am trying to control a brushless motor with my netduino.
The controller has a kind of handshake:
  • full speed (needs at least 1.5ms duration)
  • connect akku
  • zero speed
    {*]beep beep beep! ;)
  • ready

so i use the following code, but it did not seem to work, I already tried other ways, but nothing seems to work :(

PWM Servo1 = new PWM(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5);
Servo1.SetDutyCycle(1);
Servo1.SetPulse(20000, 1800);
Thread.Sleep(300);

while (true)
{
    Servo1.SetDutyCycle(1);
    Servo1.SetPulse(20000, 1500);
    Thread.Sleep(300);
}

it would be nice if any of you could help me ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• Snapshot_20110819.JPG

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.