Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NeverCast's Content

There have been 6 items by NeverCast (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#54692 NetDuino mini locked

Posted by NeverCast on 14 December 2013 - 10:34 PM in Netduino Mini

I managed to attach the Visual Studio debugger (Even though it could not deploy), by restarting the mini just as I pressed Yes on the Continue anyway? Dialog; and juggle the code pointer to cause a null pointer, crashing the program and allowing me to deploy on it. However the DTR still does not work on boot, most of the pins are floating, should something be grounded as a reference for the DTR pin ? I've recently had a lot of floating pin issues and I've run out of pull down resisters to combat it. 

I bought the Mini a while back, it's most certainly running 4.1 firmware.

Thanks, Josh.

#54683 NetDuino mini locked

Posted by NeverCast on 14 December 2013 - 09:18 AM in Netduino Mini

Really sorry to grave-dig this, but felt that it might be better than creating a new topic. I've the same issue, locked my device by using the MultiSPI library and setting the baud far too high. Now I can't communicate with the device.  The main issue I have is that when applying power to DTR, the device still boots and starts the program ( I can see the program starting from PuTTY). I'm applying 5v to DTR from the same 5v rail that is powering the device. Should I be doing it differently? I'm using a PC PSU on my test bench for this. Everything is running on the 5V rail. I am using UART for debugging and deploying.

#47046 BMP085

Posted by NeverCast on 12 March 2013 - 02:44 AM in General Discussion

Temperature is atmospheric, nothing to do with altitude?

#47029 System.Exception during Debug.Print

Posted by NeverCast on 11 March 2013 - 07:40 PM in General Discussion

What is the stack trace of the exception?

#47027 Ethercat on netduino plus

Posted by NeverCast on 11 March 2013 - 07:20 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ethernet is a flexible protocol with collision detection and avoidance  You should be able to piggy back all the netduinos and use Ethernet normally, provided you statically set their MAC and IPs.  I would suggest using UDP for communication as there are less packets ( No delivery confirmation like ACK ), so the Ethernet wont be so busy, preventing other devices the ability to communicate. However if you want you could write your own tiny protocol on top of Ethernet II. Less overhead the better.

Edit: Just thought, another option for preventing collision ( When two devices try to talk at the same time ) You could allocate time slots, perhaps based on a unique ID. So each device can put a token on the network at a certain time. The possibilities are endless really. Let me know what you decide, I'll help where I can, but I currently do not own a network enabled netduino.

#47011 Hello!!

Posted by NeverCast on 11 March 2013 - 06:32 AM in General Discussion

G'Day, Just thought I'd introduce myself, I figure this is the forum to do it in. I'm a software developer mostly, not professionally but mostly as a hobby. I teach software and networking at a college, and I've recently acquired a little Netduino Mini which I can't wait to test out! Sooo.. Hello everyone, and I hope to see everyone around. -    and darn, It seems I just missed Chris in chat, Good night to ya. Well, that's all from me. - NC.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.